But, I did need to go to the bathroom, take a piss, use the loo. All of the above. And Harry’s constant weight on my bladder didn’t do much to help the situation. I shuffled around lightly, twisting and turning so I could roll Harry off of me softly, making sure not to wake or hurt him. Once he was finally off of me, I sighed in short-lived relief, my bladder urging me to remember why I had rolled him off of me in the first place. I quietly stood up, brushing off the dirt and leaves that stuck to me, and the twigs caught in my hair. I pouted slightly, annoyed at all these damn leaves and sticks.

I made sure to stay silent, not needing to wake up Harry or Bane just because I needed to pee. I silently walked further into the forest, humming a small tune in my head and just enjoying the silence. That was until my bladder added to my urgency. I quickly and quietly walked (very, very quickly) until I was a safe enough distance away and at a tree that looked relatively alright. (it looked like the kind of tree one would pee on, like it enjoyed it) I undid my belt, tossing my sword haphazardly behind me as I tried to quickly pull down both my trousers and my underwear so I could release the pressure and let the waterfall flow. Wow that was disgusting. But, nonetheless I finally got them both down and did my business, humming a tune to drown out the sounds of me urinating on a tree.

Poor tree, I’m sorry.

After finishing my business, I quickly pulled up my underwear and trousers, tying them securely and slipping on my belt. I slipped my sword back into its sheath and checked around me to make sure I hadn’t lost anything. Slowly, I made my way back to where we had camped the night before, whistling quietly because I knew Bane would be up by now. She had to be, and if she wasn’t hopefully my whistling will jolt her from her sleep.

Reaching the campsite, I was pleased to find Bane was already gone, safely up in the sky hiding behind the clouds that floated aimlessly but still protected her. But I was shocked to see Harry, awake and looking slightly disoriented, his hands clenched into fists while he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He opened his mouth to let out this cute little squeak of a yawn, lips cherry red like he had been kissed, like they always were in the mornings. I had no idea why they were that way; all I knew was that they always- without fail- were bright cherry red in the mornings.

He got up, slightly teetering from side to side while he tried to gain his balance, and keep whatever balance he had while trying to do so. He then walked towards me, his bag slung over his shoulder, mine hanging loosely in his other hand, but Harry was a klutz. Next thing I knew, he was tripping over a small root that was sprouting out of the ground then diving back in. His bag dropped, as did mine, both making small hollow thuds when they hit the ground, and Harry well he went barreling towards the ground. Except, he never made impact, because almost instinctually I caught him, wrapping my arms around his lanky torso, feeling the muscles of his abs flex against my arms.

I smiled down at the boy who was smiling shyly with a dark blush covering his cheeks. I wanted to coo, and say something completely cheesy but I restrained myself. Instead, I  gently placed him back on his feet, his toes turning inwards in a sort of pigeon-toed stance. He couldn’t have been cuter, not even if he had tried. Instead of mentioning it, I decided to go and grab our bags, kindly handing him his before I slipped mine over my shoulder- Harry soon followed suit after staring at me for a minute or so.

I grabbed his hand, lacing our fingers together- yes I was completely serious about what I had said about holding his hand, he was a danger to everything, everyone, and himself- shooting him a reassuring, but cautious look, one that he returned with a small gentle nod.

It seemed neither of us really wanted to speak, not wanting to break the calm air around us- like if we had talked then out of nowhere a group of Slayers would find us- as we walked with our laced hands and zipped lips.

“It’s beautiful today.” He mumbled quietly and I nodded, cursing him in my head for ruining the silence but also praising him for gracing me with his smooth as silk voice. I could listen to him speak all day long, every single day and never get tired of hearing it.

Too bad I couldn’t.

It was much like every other day, but the sights were still beautiful nonetheless. I spotted a light brown deer not too far away from us, white dots littering its back. It was a little one, it’s mother grazing a meter or so away from it. It’s legs were thin, and I wondered how it could stand on its own, but it seemed to be doing okay. It leaned down, gracefully eating grass and moss from the nearby trees. And I decided it looked like a Bambi, yeah, that’s what I’ll name it: Bambi. I was quite proud of myself, smiling happily while I thought over the dear and its name. It seemed to fit, so I didn’t really mind the random name that happened to pop into my head when I thought about the dear. It was cute, not nearly as cute as Harry, but cute.

Nothing was as cute as Harry.

We continued to walk through the forest but as time passed, so did more trees and the scenery began to change. I watched as the trees becoming denser, less light filtering in through the leaves, and less animals were out. It seemed like something had scared them away, and I knew this part of the forest was just as lit as the rest of it on a normal day. Somehow, I realized today wasn’t just a normal day. We had walked from a very happy lit forest to a dark, almost dangerous one in a matter of seconds. I could feel Harry tense slightly, his grip on my hand tightening in fear. I decided to not ask, and just squeezed his hand back- albeit not nearly as strongly as he had- as I tugged him into the darker, denser, area.

Maybe today wasn’t really as similar as all the others had been. There was something in the air that was almost electrifying, a shocking kind of- what’s the word- feeling in the air. There was something big going to happen, that I was almost sure of. I just didn’t know if it would be good or bad. I kind of wished that nothing would change, that I could hold Harry’s hand and walk through a light beautiful peaceful forest and not have to worry about what I was walking back to.

Not everything goes my way.

Hope can only take a person so far.

There was a rustling in a large bush not too far away and we both froze, staring paralyzed at the bush. I was sure we were scared for different reasons, but that didn’t change the fact that we were both frozen in fear. Out of the bushes popped an attractive lad, blonde-ish hair and a killer smile. But there was something sadistic about that smile, one that made me want to turn around and run, or pull out my sword and fight. I was debating which choice to take when I was surprised by a honey-like voice speaking.

“Thomas?”

-----

Your comments and responses are amazing. I seriously love you all.

P.S. Picture of Thomas on the side.

Is Thomas good or bad? (Remember Harry knows both Slayers and Riders)

Did you catch the reference?

Are you noticing the foreshadowing?

I focus on details, so try and remember the small ones (or at least the ones that keep popping up- that includes quotes) what are you noticing?

Drama or no drama?

Are the boys coming in soon? What are their rolls?

Focus on scenery, what do you notice? In what parts does it change? Is it a sign? What does it mean?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank all of you, for reading and commenting and voting and being your incredibly awesome selves.

Dedication to the commenter that can answer the following question(s) correctly:

~What’s my favorite app?

~What’s my favorite 1D tour? *Hint, it’s not one I’ve been to*

(And of course most creative dedication question)

65 comments and votes for an update?

Xx Val