“Please we will handle everything by ourselves, I just can’t go their ad leave my friends and family for two years, I have a mate now. You said that was the exception!” By now tears were slipping down my face. "This isn’t fair!” I screamed at him. The alpha frowned sadly at me.

“it’s not like you two will never see each other again, in a couple years Zane will be inheriting this pack and you will be here to stand beside him. Two years won’t kill you two, plus it will only make you stronger Marissa. It is set and you will leave tomorrow” the alpha said calmly. How could he say that!

“No you can’t do that to us!” I stood up and yelled but Zane reached for my hand and pulled me back down.

“Marissa my dad is right, two years won’t kill us.” Zane shrugged as if it was no big deal. It was hard to believe that only a couple minutes ago he was completely opposed to the idea of me going anywhere. I yanked my hand away from his and stared at him with hurt eyes. I can’t believe he was taking his dad’s side on this. After all we’ve been though and after how hard I fought to be with him, he’s just going to let this happen.

“There then it’s set. You will be leaving here to go to the airport tomorrow at noon. You two may go now” the alpha said happily. I gave him a hard look before walking out of the office, not bothering to wait for Zane. I don’t think I will ever be able to forgive the alpha for this. He went against his word and tricked me into doing this.

“it’s clear that you don’t care about me as much as you said you do Zane, maybe we should just postpone this for two years since it won’t bother you he slightest that I'm going to be gone”  said to him. Tears were pouring out of my eyes and I was hurt, but what he said hurt me even more. He just didn’t care enough, and that was enough to make me unsure.

“Come on Marissa you know I love you but this is something we can’t help. If course I’m going to miss you but I’ll be able to visit you every couple months” He tried to take my hand but I ripped it from his grasp.

“After all I fought through for this you’re giving up already. It’s fine Zane but I'm not going to hold onto you for two years. Mostly because I don’t believe in us right now. It’s just too hard to believe you love me while you’re just giving me up like this” I shook my head and walked away. I just couldn’t do this right now. I ran up the stairs with tears streaming down my face. I guess I was a fool for playing right into Zane as soon as he wanted me.

I ran up to my room and slammed to door behind me. I don’t know how long I laid there crying on my bed but when I heard a knock on the door I wiped my eyes and stood up. “Who is it?” my voice cracked slightly, there was only about two people I would let in this room right now.

“it’s Alex you brother said you were up here” his soft voice came through the door. I sighed, things had just changed drastically in the last hour. I was no longer breaking up with him, I was going to give him the decision and I was going to tell him everything. Even what I did with Zane.

“Hey, I have a lot of things to tell you” I patted the seat next to me as he walked in the room.

“Oh come on that much can’t happen in one day” he teased, but when he saw my face his smile also dropped.

“Made a mistake Alex” I started off. Sometimes I don’t know what courses through my mind that makes me make these decisions. “When I woke up Zane was there, I was ready to be with him. I was going to be with him and break up with you today but that’s all changed. I was supposed to be going to a werewolf fighting academy against my will and me and Zane were going to change that. But he sided with his dad and completely betrayed me. so know I’m set to leave tomorrow for two years. I let Zane go too, So this talk ended up just being a confession. In a way I feel like I betrayed you. The decision is yours though, I won’t hold it against you if you don’t want to be with me anymore” I finished. There It was, the whole truth. It was all up to him now.