Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Marissa’s POV

There was no lights on in the house when I walked in so I went straight up the stairs, hoping to end the night off with a good night sleep, although I don’t know if I would be able to get my mind of Alex and our amazing date.

I quietly opened my door and turned on the light after shutting it. I turned around to face my bed and almost screamed, but I managed to keep my mouth shut at the expense of all the sleeping people in the house. Zane was lying down on my bed facing the wall, the slow rise and fall of his chest made me sure he was asleep. But why here? He was wearing a simple pair of sweat pants but no shirt.

I tip toed over to him and tapped him on the shoulder; I didn’t really know what to do since I was practically confused as to why he was laying on my bed in the first place. He looked so peaceful in his sleep that I almost didn’t want to wake him up.

He jumped a little and groaned but didn’t wake up, this time I wasn’t being gentle, I slapped him right on the back making him flip over in surprise. when he came face to face with me his surprise grew even more.

“What are you doing?” I questioned first. “Uh” he looked around, as if he would find an explanation in the room but when he turned back to my accusing eyes he had nothing to say. “Why don’t you just tell me the truth for once Zane?” I said. he was sitting up on the bed while I was standing and looking down at him.

“Well I just missed you and it kind of hurt that you were on a date with another guy, so this was the closest I could get” he mumbled. My eyes widened at his confession, he actually missed me? but anger set in as my brain registered the part that he was hurt about me being on a date with another guy. “Really you were hurt because I went out with someone else? What am I supposed to do Zane, live my life lonely because you don’t want me nor do you want me seeing anyone else? If you don’t want me Zane then I will find someone who does. And I have” I finished; I watched his emotions change on his face from shock to anger to sadness to regret.

Regret for what, well I don’t know. “Well it still hurts to see my mate out there happier with some other guy” he spat the last part out again and his emotions changed to anger again. “Really Zane? Because last time I checked you were the one who rejected me and you were the one who was going out with other girls while I stayed here and tried to forget about it. Not to mention Cassidy your girlfriend or whatever she is” I threw back in his face. I had to watch him with Cassidy over and over again and I really feel like punching that girl in the face. But I have no right too because Zane is not mine and I am not his.

“Cassidy Is not my girlfriend, when will you learn to stop being so jealous of girls that simply hang around me, is that how much you want me Marissa? And I know I rejected you! We both know it so why do you stop reminding me!” he screamed in my face. At this point I'm glad my room was sound proof, we were close to a screaming match.

But I was fuelled with anger right now. “Why do you even care Zane? Why do you care about what I do because it’s not like you want me or anything” I said more softly this time. I looked down at the ground, I didn’t feel like seeing the hatred in his eyes. I didn’t feel like seeing the look on his face right now.

“I think you should just leave Zane, we both need to sleep” I looked up at him but focused my eyes on his forehead. He reluctantly nodded and walked towards the door. When he opened it he looked back at me with a sad look as if he expected me to say anything. I simply looked at him with a blank face, I was all out of words at this point.

He turned back and left, closing the door shut behind him. I feel backwards onto my bed and sighed, of course Zane just has to appear whenever I think I have something figured out and confuse me again.  He said he cares and now he’s jealous of Alex but he still rejected me, but which one do I like now, Zane or Alex?