Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I really hope I'm making the right choice here. I still don’t trust myself around Zane because I don’t know what his intentions are but I'm going along with it anyway. I just wanted closure because I was getting tired of the whole chase thing so I went out to lunch with him, that turned out entirely different.

I sighed and brushed it off my mind, I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction on dwelling over it. I took down my hair and brushed through it, by now it was a tangled mess of long black hair. I took the time to straighten in just to get my mind of things and then I changed into a pair of grey sweats and a baggy sweater. I still dress the same and I still act the same, I refuse to change for anyone because this is who I am and if they want to be around me then they’re going to have to accept me as I am.

I walked down the stairs in search of a good movie, I never did get to watch my movie the night I went out and met Alex, and I have nothing to do. no training today and no plans. I found John sitting on the couch watching Tv and eating popcorn. I waved hi at him since his mouth was to stuffed to reply he waved back. I started searching in the cupboard beside the TV for my movie, I could just watch it on my lap top.

“Looking for something?” John said making my jump a little, I was so focused on finding the movie I forgot he was even here. “Yea the movie ‘the note book’ seen I around?” I turned to face him to see him looking at me, his attention not on the TV anymore.

“I think someone borrowed It a couple hours ago” he said popping more popcorn into his mouth. I groaned, I really wanted to see that and I don’t even know when I'm going to have the chance to again. “I saw it on the TV, it’s starting in like five minutes I’ll watch it with you if want” he suggested making me grin. I hoped up and jumped on him, giving him a big hug. “Thank you” I squealed with excitement.

“Ok but you have to go get some more popcorn” he handed me his empty bowl with a smirk. “Fine but I get to eat it too” I grumbled but got up and went to the kitchen anyway. I started humming some random happy tune when Derek and Claire walked in. I just put the popcorn In the microwave so I only had to stand being here for another two minutes before I could get away from her. I swear she had some issues, that needed to be taken out on other people than me. her hair was curled down her back and the makeup on her face made her glow, but she ruined it with the bitter sweet look on her face.

She wore a simple pair of jeans and a tank top, a little low cut but then again she did have my brother’s attention with that. “I don’t think you need any more food” she said giving me an obvious once over. “ and I don’t think you need any more guys, but here you are wheeling along another I rolled my eyes and looked at the timer. Only one minute and thirty seconds left.

My brother was too busy looking around in the fridge to notice what was going on. “At least I got a guy” she sneered back. just as I was about to reply Zane walked in the kitchen alone. Great another person…..  “Luring a guy in with your over flowing assets technically doesn’t count” I pointed at her chest and I saw her flush. Well I guess that one my brother heard because he shot me a glare telling me top stop.

“What you guys doing?” Zane asked happily. “Just trying to find some food, Claire doesn’t want any so it’s just me” Derek shrugged, Claire  stood there picking at her nails as if she had better things to do. “I'm just getting some popcorn to watch a movie” I almost jumped in happiness when the microwave beeped.

I took it out quickly and poured it into the bowl. “What are you watching?” Zane asked. “the notebook” I said impatiently, I just wanted to go and curl up on the couch and watch my damn movie, is that to much to ask?

“Want me to watch it with you?” he offered, I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Since when did he want to watch chick flicks with me? “Uh it’s ok you don’t have to I'm watching It with John” after that I scurried out of the kitchen quickly, not taking another look at Zane.