Chapter One

Sigh... I'm really doing this aren't I? Why finish the stories in progress when you can just start a new one. Fuck me I'm actually writing a reader insert. I already broke the other cardinal rules of fan fiction, might as well go for broke.

Prologue

  Raven looked down at the boy in her arms. He had beautiful (E/C) eyes, but if he was anything like her, they wouldn't stay the same forever. Tai was holding her daughter in his arms. She had lilac eyes, and was bawling.

  "Twins... although I think our little girl might take after me more," Tai said, shushing his daughter. Raven looked down at the little boy sleeping soundly in her arms.

  "You always were a crybaby, Tai," Raven responded. Tai beamed at that, chuckling. "We should name her after you."

  "What, you want to name our daughter Yang?" Tai asked, a little surprise showing on his face.

  "I think it fits. What about this one?" Raven looked down at the little bundle of joy in her arms.

  "What about (Y/N)?" Tai asked.

  "(Y/N)... (Y/N)..." Raven cooed, gently brushing the side of her son's cheek. "I like it." For the first time in your whole life you looked into your mother's eyes. You were too young to see it, but it was the saddest she had ever looked.

***

  Tai was asleep, finally. Raven looked down at her son, before setting him on the couch next to his sister.

  "I'm sorry," she whispered to her children, before giving them each a kiss on the forehead and heading out the door. She had barely made it five feet before she heard (Y/N) crying. She didn't even make it one more before Tai was in the doorway, making leaving all that much harder.

  "I had hoped you might at least stick around a few days," Tai said, a sad smile on his lips. Raven swung her sword, cutting open a portal before turning back to the man she loved,

  "My offer still stands. The tribe could use a man like you. And now that I lead my people, we can raise the twins the right way, without worrying that they'll have the same childhood Qrow and I had."

  "I'm sorry Raven, but I became a huntsman to help people, not to hurt innocents." Raven nodded silently at Tai's reply, before disappearing into the portal she had just cut without a word.

***

  "Just hold still a little longer!" Your older twin Yang shouted as she grabbed another fistful of hair. You let out a sigh as you wrapped up Ruby's hair into another braid.

  "I can't believe you're taking this long. I finished Ruby's already!" You had been tasked with the job of braiding Ruby's hair, while Yang assured you that she would make yours look 'cool'. After showing you the basics, Yang had moved behind you, and started fiddling with your (H/C) locks.

  "Just trust me! This is going to be perfect!" Yang said as she reached for a hair tie.

  "Kids! I'm home!" You heard your mom call as she opened the door.

  "They're upstairs Summer. Been awfully quiet too." Tai called back from his place in the kitchen.

  "Uh-oh, my Mom sense tells me they're up to something." Yang finished with your hair and scooted over next to you, picking ruby up and setting her in her lap. Ruby looked over to you with her big silver eyes and smiled through her pacifier. If you didn't know any better, you'd think she was thanking you for the adorable pigtails you had given her. Your mom opened the door to the room you and Yang shared. "Oh my god." She dropped her purse to the ground instantly, before bringing her hands up to her mouth. "Tai. Get the camera." You hear a drawer opening, followed by the sounds of your father's boots on the stairs. Your dad slid behind your mom, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before looking over to you, Yang, and Ruby on the bed. Tai dropped the camera before bringing his hands to his mouth.