Ginny's Idea

The rest of the Order meeting went relatively smoothly. The atmosphere was very solemn one. Why wouldn't it be? So many people had found out they were dead.

When the meeting adjourned, Lily quickly made her way upstairs, ignoring the younger version of her mother and aunt as she sat quickly on the bed. "Lily?" The voice was a timid, with a slightly scared undertone. Lily looked up to see it was her mother, well the 14 year old version that is. She nodded to acknowledge the question. "Are you alright?" 

Lily looked into her mother's eyes. They were the same shade of brown as hers, James's, her grandmother, and a few of her uncles and cousins. Lily shrugged, "We haven't found anyway to get home yet. It's the 13th of August, and school starts in less than three weeks. I don't want to go to school in this time. We wouldn't be able to do quidditch, or have our other friends. And beat me for saying this, but I'm sort of missing Albus's constant: 'I'm headboy!' nagging. I miss James letters in the mail, telling me that I have to keep up the pranking legacy. And even though Hugo will deny it, it's my fault. I read that stupid spell aloud." Lily ranted. She didn't get emotional, not even slightly. She kept a straight face, barely even looking at Ginny as she spoke.

"Well if you read a spell aloud in a book, if you read it again would it send you back? Or was there a counterspell under it?" Ginny asked. Lily's eyes brightened considerably. 

"You're right, Mum! Dumbledore took it straight after we got here. Maybe it'll work." She hugged Ginny in her thrill, "Thanks so much." She jumped and bolted down to the kitchen.

Most of the order was still there, Dumbledore included. "I think little Mum, also known as Ginny, might've figured it out!" She panted as she almost tripped over a chair. "Get everyone!" 

Mrs. Weasley looked at her granddaughter benevolently, "Tell us Ginny's idea first." Her tone was off with the look she gave her.

Lily didn't notice her grandmother's actions. "The spell! If we read it again, we'll probably go back!" She was bouncing with an anxious sort of joy. Her face broke into a face splitting grin.

Dumbledore looked at her. "That may work. I'll take you four to my office. And we'll obliviate everyone here. Lily, would you mind getting the others." She nodded, and bolted up the stairs two at a time. "It might work, Mum!" She said as she entered her younger mother's room. "Can you go downstairs. I think Dumbledore is going to obliviate you." Ginny nodded, and grabbed a confused Hermione's hand as they made their way downstairs. Lily didn't dilly dally as she found all the boys huddled in Fred and George's room. "Where almost home! Come on! Downstairs!" She ran off without further explanation. 

"Home?!" Hugo exclaimed, and the boys in the room looked at each other before running off. 

Lysander stayed put for a minute. They had been talking about the future; pranking, quidditch, and everything in between. Lysander was excited to go home, but he had liked his one day in 1995. He saw how he took everything he knew for granted. He was going to make the most of his life from then on, he vowed. He quickly made his way to the kitchen, a small smile etched upon his face.