Living Legacy

Quite timidly, Hugo said, "We told you, Grandma. We accidentally let it slip about someone who died."

Dumbledore looked at them, "I think you can tell us who dies. After all memory charms are a thing."

"What of the memory charm goes wrong? I don't want to end up like Gilderoy Lockhart." Lorcan pointed out. 

"I promise you I am completely adept at memory charms." Dumbledore reassured him. He still looked skeptical, but agreed. 

"I guess we'll go in order, you should get everyone from upstairs. They deserve to know." Hugo said. Mrs. Weasley was about to protest, but Dumbledore agreed.

"I'll get them." Lily stated, before bolting out of the room. There was an uneasy silence. She returned in haste, with Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, George, and Fred, in that order. The children stood against the back wall, expently.

"Perfect." Dumbledore smiled, "Now, if you don't mind. Can you tell us. No interruptions please."

"Um. I'll start." Lily said timidly, "Sirius Black, Emmeline Vance, Albus Dumbledore." Her voice started to slowly fade

Lorcan caught on where she left off, "Mad-Eye Moody, Hedwig, Dobby."

"Countless muggleborns who were forced to flee from the ministry in it's corrupt times. Including Ted Tonks." Lysander explained.

"Great you three left me with the final battle. On the 2nd of May, 1998, the final battle took place, which ended with the death of Voldemort and plenty of his high ranking death eaters, including Bellatrix Lestrange. Though the battle was over, our side faced countless casualties. Those included: Severus Snape, Remus Lupin, Nympadora Tonks, Colin Creevey, and...and." Hugo's voice started to falter.

"Me." Everyone turned to see who had spoken up, and Mrs. Weasley let out a sob to see Fred. He was standing firm, George crying while clutching to his arm, as if Fred had just volunteered for sacrifice. Mrs. Weasley engulfed him into a hug.

The room was a wreck, everyone was holding onto their loved ones who were to die. Harry had to take off his glasses because they were clouded with tears as he hung to Sirius. Lily immediately regretted telling them. 

"Any births that would bring up everyone's spirit." Dumbledore asked, and everyone turned to the future, but didn't let go of their loved ones.

Hugo wiped his eyes, but still talked, "Well, Grandma already told you about my ten cousins, while nine not including Lily, and my sister."

Ron looked at him, "Rose, right?" 

Hugo nodded, "Who else would you want to know about? Uh, Scorpius Malfoy? Oh! They're probably talking about Teddy." He said the last one to his friends.

Lily got the memo, "Teddy is my father's godson. Teddy's name is Edward. Edward Lupin, and I like to say that he's my favorite brother. He is, by the way, James is too annoying, and Albus is well Albus."

Remus Lupin almost fell out of the chair, "Teddy's my son? I have a son, and then die?"

Lorcan frowned, "When you put it like that… Yeah." 

"Is he a werewolf?" Lupin had to ask.

Lysander smiled, "Nope. He's a metamorphmagus, if you were wondering. And he was in the best Hogwarts house, Hufflepuff, but he graduated before we started."

Lupin eyed him, "Why is he a metamorphmagus?" 

Lily shrugged, "It's not that complicated of an answer. Tonks is his mother."

Tonks' eyes lit up, "Really? But wait, aren't I dead as well?"

Lysander gave a face-splitting grin, "He's like your living legacy."

"