~1~

Crashed on Earth and had to take on the form of a Latino. Whatever that was. Krel was less than happy, but at least, today, Aja hadn't minded him wearing the mind reading goggles to find out a few things.

He simply found it extremely fun to wear them and see what everyone was thinking.

He sat down in math class, was finished with the problem before Ms. Janeth was even writing it down, and was glancing around the class. He saw Eli and Steve, Eli desperately trying to convince Steve of something, others thinking about the strange thing they called Social Media, and some thinking about As and Fs.

Then there was the one person that was sitting in the back. Krel scanned over her thoughts, but was surprised when what he saw was: "Get out of my head".

"What?" he muttered to himself. "How did she know?" He shook his head and looked again.

"I'm not kidding," was what her thoughts read. Krel glanced at Ms. Janeth, but she was busy judging a student in the front of the classroom.

"Who are you?" he whispered, grabbing his paper and turning it in. Probably something to talk to Aja about. He circled around the back of the class, noticing the girl's brightly colored eyes. She turned around in her seat, also checking Ms. Janeth's position.

"Where did you get these?" she asked, tapping his glasses.

"Home," Krel said. "How did you know what they did?"

"I recognize the technology," she said. She narrowed her eyes. "I knew someone who could...whip something like that up in a few seconds." Krel straightened. He needed to meet this person. But who on Earth would have technology like that?

"Where do you come from?" he asked.

"Not Arcadia. Probably somewhere similar to you. Not the cantaloupe knockoff you came up with."

"Oh, uh-"

"I don't care how it's pronounced. Ms. Janeth has eyes on you." Krel jumped, looking to the front. Ms. Janeth was indeed looking at him, hands on her hips. Krel pushed the glasses up his nose, but her thoughts contradicted her stern expression.

"I finished my work," Krel said lamely.

"That does not mean you have to disturb oth-"

"Me too," the girl said, holding up her finished paper. "I was dozing off back here. Mr. Tarron is the only real competition in here, but I was done long before him. Don't worry. We're not wasting time." She glanced up at Krel and he glared.

"I am not competition," he muttered. "I am champion. And, it's not mister. Just call me Krel...."

"(Y/n)."

"That's very nice," Krel murmured as he returned to his seat. Ms. Janeth marched over to the basket and retrieved his paper, checking it over.

"Hmm," she said. "Well, I suppose I can let it slide. Another 100% paper, Mr. Tarron."

"Ugh! It's Krel!" he said, throwing his hands up. "I'm not a mister yet!"

After school got out, he went investigating to find their mysterious alien company. Once again, he ran into (Y/n).

"Snooping?" she said, pushing the glasses back into place. "It's a little rude in Arcadia, but what do I know about where you come from?"

"It's important," Krel said. "I need to find something. Or someone."

"Can I see?" she asked.

"No! These aren't just for anyone. I hardly know you, anyway."

"Oh. I'm from a place called Akiridion-5-" She coughed. "I mean, uh, well-"

"Wait, what?!" Krel exclaimed loudly. She glared at him.

"That is Akiridion technology," she growled. "I know who you are, Prince Krel."

"King in Waiting," he corrected. "Who are you?"

"Lieutenant (Y/n). Uh, Zzzzaaa, yeah, never mind." She looked away awkwardly.

"How did you end up on Earth?"

"Looking for you. After K - General Morando invaded Akiridion-5, I came to Earth to find and ensure the safety of the royals."

"Why? We have Varvatos Vex." She made a face.

"In good hands, I see," she said, though her tone betrayed her.

"What do you have against Varvatos?" 

"If you trust him, it's not my place to judge." She shrugged. "Anyway. I know you're safe, so I'll just be on my way."

"Hey, wait," Krel said, grabbing her arm. "Come with me. Aja can handle a bit of investigation for a bit."

"Oh, uh, no thanks."

"It's an order from the King in Waiting."

"New Akiridion friends?" Aja said excitedly when (Y/n) first entered the house. "So exciting! Where are you from? How come we've never met you if you're a lieutenant? Oh! So many questions!" She gasped. "What does your Akiridion form look like?"

"Uh, I don't think-"

"Follow me," Krel interrupted. The fireplace scrolled down into the floor. "Aja, would you mind taking these-" He handed her the glasses. "And further our investigation? You and Varvatos can always call if things go awry."

"Will do, little brother." She signaled to Varvatos and they marched out of the house.

"Don't break them!" Krel called after her. Aja waved to show she'd heard.

Krel led (Y/n) into the main body of Mother, the AI greeting her with enthusiasm. (Y/n) looked slightly uncomfortable. Krel glanced behind, his eyes widening when he saw her shift forms.

"You look so much like-"

"Zadra? Yep. I know. I'm, uh, her daughter?"

"Zadra?"

"You heard me." Krel shook himself off. "Anyway. Why did you want me here?"

"If you came to protect us, you may as well do your job. That way Varvatos isn't chasing two of us around constantly."

"Oh." Krel led her to the engine room where the daxial array was supposed to be.

"Here, we are grounded," he said, sweeping one of his four hands at the sparking wires. "And the regeneration of Mama and Papa is stalled until we can rebuild the daxial array and go home."

"I have a daxial array," (Y/n) said. "Or at least, parts of one. I don't have a mother ship. I didn't crash, though."

"If all goes well," Krel said, turning to look at her. "We can all go home together."