~2~

"(Y/n)!" Krel called the next day. She'd returned to her ship overnight to sleep. She gave him a single wave before continuing on her way. "You do know we have the same class, right?"

"P.E? I know. Aja is a big show off." They hurried to the gym where Coach Lawrence was already snapping at Eli for failing to get up the rope.

"Race you!" Aja said to (Y/n). She sprang up and darted to the top of the rope, but before she could ring the bell, (Y/n) was already doing it.

"Come on, Mr. Tarron!" she called down to him. Aja stared at her.

"No!" Krel shouted. "I am not a mister!"

"Why? Until now, it's never bothered you," she said, sliding down the rope and tossing it to him. He hauled himself up and rang the bell.

"I prefer to be called my name," he said.

"You do you." She scored a hoop and raced Aja around the track, doing sixteen laps in under five minutes. Even Aja was panting by the end. Coach Lawrence walked over to them.

"What now, Coach?" (Y/n) asked.

"My star students," he said. Krel rolled his eyes. "Maybe you can get ol' Pepperjack over there to get up the rope."

As he said this, Eli thumped onto the ground. (Y/n) walked over to him and began coaxing him onto the rope. Aja nudged Krel.

"Come on," she said. "Let's shoot some hoops."

"I'm not athletic," he said.

"No better time to learn!" She grabbed his arm and dragged him over to the baskets, catching a ball from Jim and throwing it to Krel. It smacked him in the chest and he stumbled back, barely catching it before it hit the ground. He tossed it and it bounced off the hoop. Jim caught it again, spinning it on one finger.

"Follow through," he advised. He bounced the ball back to Krel and he tried again. It got closer to the hoop, but still not in.

"Your positioning is off," (Y/n) said from behind him. She grabbed his arms and put them into a certain position. She then demonstrated how to 'follow through'. Krel tried once more, and this time, he got it in. Jim nodded.

"I'll play defense," he said and they began their game.

~

"Lieutenant (Y/n), reporting." (Y/n) glanced around. Right after school had gotten out, she'd gone back to her ship to report to her commander. Or, her king.

"Ah, (Y/n)." An image of King Morando appeared in front of her, glitching before stabilizing. "I have anxiously awaited this report."

"I found the royals," she said. "I know the location of their ship, and I will soon be memorizing the layout. Then, I will complete my mission."

"Excellent," Morando purred. "I knew I could put my faith in you. Here's a little suggestion: get close to the royals. It will make their destruction all the more painful for them to know one of their closest friends betrayed them."

"Your wish is my command, my king," (Y/n) said, clapping a fist to her chest. Morando gave a single nod before the hologram disappeared. (Y/n) set the device aside just as a knock sounded on her 'door'. Her home was tiny, just like her ship, but she had some human friends who she guessed were here to take her on a girl's night out.

She shifted back to her human form and opened the door, but was surprised to see Aja and Krel instead of Mary and Claire. "Uh, hi?"

"Hello!" Aja said. (Y/n) glanced behind them and noticed a senior citizen glaring at her. S
Aja blocked her view with a plate of cookies. "Mother made us bring these...cookies?"

"I love cookies," (Y/n) said, stepping aside to let them in. "What brings you here, anyway?"

"Friendly visit?" Krel said, shrugging. "Also, the daxial array?"

"Oh, right." She pointed at the senior citizen. "Who's tha-"

"(Y/n), it would be Varvatos' pleasure to give the most not-glorious death," Varvatos said bitterly. She smirked.

"I know your secret," she said. "Your deepest, darkest secret." Varvatos' eyes widened but she shrugged. "Tell you later."

"Why don't you like each other?" Krel asked, fingering a ceramic pot on the counter. (Y/n) slapped his hand away, glaring at him. "Sorry."

"Vex tends to unnecessarily critique my work," (Y/n) said.

"Do you have a training deck?" Aja asked eagerly. "I'd love to see you duel!"

"Yeeeeeeess," (Y/n) said. She sighed. "Follow me."

They journeyed to the deck and they all changed forms. Varvatos took out his serrator with a look of triumph, and (Y/n) with boredom and nonchalance.

"Fight!" Aja yelled excitedly. Varvatos ran at (Y/n), his serrator turning into a blade. (Y/n) blocked the first hit, stepping back and spinning around for a hit of her own. She grabbed his serrator as he brought it down and wrenched it out of his hand, bringing hers up to his neck.

"That was short lived," she said, dropping her serrator to her side. "Want to go again?"

"Varvatos let you win," Varvatos said. "He would never lose to such a puny lieutenant."

"Of course. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Now do you want to go again?" Varvatos hesitated, then frowned deeply and shook his head. "Save you some shame." She tucked her serrator away and turned to the royals. Aja was gaping at her.

"Two moves!" she exclaimed. "Two moves! Teach me everything you know!"