"Grow up Luna"
"You don't want me to do the grownup shit I'm supposed to be doing, so there you have it. I'm gonna be the baby you want me to be! Did I come of too harsh daddy?"
She pouted her lips at me in a mocking manner, as she asked sarcastically.

Man, she's a handful. I rubbed on my forehead, starring down on her.

"I'm out"
"Whatever" I was starting to get pissed at the whole conversation.

"Bet"
With that being said, she left fuming. I hate it when we fight. It makes me paranoid as fuck. I just need to let off some steam. And I know where I can always feel better.

"Whoever it is banging my door like that better be ready for a belt smack on their face!!"

My eyes widened at my nana's statement. Believe me she doesn't joke one bit. She'd use that belt on you with no mercy. I got off the porch and maintained my distance. Sure enough, she swung the door open with a brown leather belt in her hand.

"I'm sorry mama, come on put that down. You ain't about to whoop my grown ass"

"Sure I wouldn't" sarcasm dripped her voice. "Get your ass in boy" she scoffed before opening the door wider for me to get in.
Sighing, I took of my jacket and sat exhausted on her soft couch.

"You abandon me when you get a new girl and when I had given up on you, just look at what the wind brought in. My grandson. Hm" she said eyeing me hard with a sarcastic smile.
The women I care about frighten me.

"I can't abandon you nana. You know I love you baby girl."
I let out a breath before reclining in her couch.

"I know that look. So its when you got some issues you decide to cone over. You need your ass whooped for that."
She scoffed and headed into her kitchen.

"I just feel she's just being intimidated by Janice ma"
"That's where you got it all wrong. She said its high time she got her shit together right?"
"Yeah"
"Why not let the girl be. Being in a relationship with you shouldn't stop her from discovering her full potential and live in the fullness of it. This relationship takes two and not one. Stop being selfish child."
Hearing from a woman's perspective gave me better understanding. I felt bad all of a sudden.

"You right ma. Thanks a lot. I promise imma make it right."

"You better."
"Can I have some more gravy on this?" I asked digging into my plate.
"Boy leave my house and go apologise to your girlfriend. That reminds me... "

I averted my eyes from my plate and focused on her.
"I should meet her soon. When I say soon I mean soon."

I swallowed my food, quickly downing some orange juice to prevent me fron choking.

"Heardju ma"

*Luna*