King

"Kacchan is being weirdly nice lately," Midoryia said, scribbling down the answers to a worksheet the professor had given them. Kirishima was good friends with him because they had met online before they met in college.

     Eijirou raised a brow. "Really? I didn't notice." Midoryia looked at him kind of surprised before a soft smile graced his usually nervous face.

     "I think it's because of you, Kirishima." Kirishima tilted his head like a dog does when hearing an unusual sound. "You have a cheery and relaxing personality and you get along with everyone, even the mean ones." Eijirou laughed at that.

     "Well, I try. What's the point of making enemies? What's the point of judging someone because you don't agree with them or they like different things?" Kirishima circled an answer before turning his attention towards him. "To me, people are just interesting. They don't live your life and you don't live theirs. Everyone is special and interesting no matter how boring they may think they are."

     Kirishima smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. "Bakugou is human, he's been through things I haven't. He's human and so is everyone else in the world. So it's only right to treat others with respect." He smiled brightly before becoming concerned.

     Midoryia had multiple tears streaming down his face and Kirishima tried his best to comfort him.

     "Holy hell, Midoryia I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset!" Kirishima rubbed his back and the freckled boy hiccuped.

     "No, your-your words are-are just really nice, Kiri-Kirishima," he smiled through his tears and wiped his eyes. "You-You're really kind." Kirishima blinked before an apologetic grin settled on his face.

     "Thanks man! Means a lot."

     The rest of the class went smoothly and the dismissal bell rang soon after. Eijirou and Izuku packed up their things and headed out, agreeing to have lunch together earlier. Izuku rambled on about his current hobbies and likes and dislikes, and Kirishima listened, nodding along, spewing out his thoughts here and there.

     "Deku—oh? Hey Kirishima!" Uraraka greeted. "How are you?"

     "I'm good, how's your family?" Kirishima waved, sitting down next to Izuku. She smiled brightly before ranting about her fathers work. The lively Iida soon joined them and so did the quiet Todoroki. He felt kinda bad not sitting with his bro's, but it felt nice having people not poke and prod into his personal life. He loves his bros, but he needs a break from time to time.

     The lunch bell rang and they went to the rest of their classes that day.

{~}

     "Glass half empty, glass half full~"

     Bakugou woke up and groaned when looking at the time. It was almost 2 am on a Thursday.

     "What the fu—"

     "Well either way, you won't be going thirsty count your blessings not your flaws~"

     Bakugou's eyes widened and he instantly threw the covers off of him. He stealthily snuck out of his room and in the den sat a redhead. He was scribbling down in a notebook.

     "You've got it all~
     you lost your mind in the sound~
     There's so much more~
     you can reclaim your crown~"

     Bakugou sat on the floor, slowly, listening to the pain in his voice. What was wrong?

     "You're in control~
     rid of the monsters inside your head...." a slight pause, "put all your thoughts to bed..."

     Bakugou covered his mouth to keep himself from gasping. That was his song.

     He heard a sniffle and he didn't like it. Kirishima was crying softly, probably careful not to wake the already wide eyed Bakugou. He stood up, tiptoeing silently behind him.

     When he took a deep breath and wiped his tear stained cheeks, Katsuki decided to make himself known.

     "You can be King again..."

     He jumped, dropping the journal and a pen on the floor and whipping around to see Bakugou staring down at him. He stood up, quickly picking up the things he dropped and tossed them on the table.

     "I'm sorry I woke you up—"

     "Why're you crying?" Bakugou interrupted. Kirishima didn't look at him, instead just shrugged and wiped his eyes as a futile attempt to hide his pain.

     "It's nothing—"

     "Bullshit." Bakugou grasped his wrist. "Look at me." Eijirou didn't move his eyes from the blondes hand. "Look. At. Me. Kirishima." He warned. He gulped, lifting his sorrowful eyes to meet caring red ones. "What's wrong? You can tell me." He pleaded, but he only shook his head.

     "It's not important..."

     "Yes it is. If it wasn't important, then you wouldn't be bawling at 2 fucking o'clock in the shitty morning in the den and reading one of my saddest songs. Now you tell me what the hell is wrong right now or I'm gonna ask raccoon eyes or pikachu. Maybe soy sauce." Bakugou furrowed his brows and pressed his lips together, his crimson eyes piercing through his soul.

Kirishima's eyes widened before his forced smile turned downward and tears streamed down his flushed cheeks. Bakugou was a little panicked, not knowing what to do and how to comfort him. Kirishima collapsed on the sofa and sobbed into his hands. Katsuki furrowed his brows and hesitantly pried his hands from his face.

"Kir-Kirishima, I may not understand what your feeling, but you don't have to carry your burdens alone, dumbass—eh?!" Eijirou swallowed him up in his muscular arms and buried his face into the his shoulder. Bakugou blushed and almost shoved him off until he felt his whole body shake. Kirishima was shaking.

     His expression softened and thought back to how Miss Kirishima comforted him when he felt lost.

He traced circled on his back, letting the warmth of his friend engulf him, his hair tickling his neck.

"It...let it out..." Bakugou sighed, feeling him relax a bit. His body was no longer quaking with sobs, there were occasional hiccups and sniffles but other than that, he was calm. "You know, you're mom told me it wasn't healthy to bottle up shit." Eijirou let out a dryly chuckled, but made no move to let him go.

     "Yeah..." Silence filled the room, but it wasn't uncomfortable. "You're warm Bakugou."

     "Y-Yeah, it's called body heat dumbass," he spat, a blushed invading his cheeks.

_______________________________________

I was literally like crying my eyes out while writing this because I saw an AMV about an anime movie that looked interesting and so I watched it....

That is literally the saddest shit I've ever seen, like as sad as Your Lie in April and The Shape of Voice with a little hint of Spirited Away and now I'm fucking dying. "Hotarubi no mori e" was the movie guys. TvT

I should've finished the AMV before I watched the movie...

But I hope y'all had a Happy New Years and I love you guys.

Published January 1 2020
Edited December 17 2022