Chapter 26: Guardian Angel

"Bella" I heard a hoarse voice in between whistling of winds.

I opened my eyes and saw Isaac who was standing behind an aged forest tree, my feet shuffling through detritus.

"Isaac? is that you?" I yelled and ran towards him and engulfed him in my arms like my life depends upon it.

"Yes, it is me" he hugged me back with the same force.

"Oh my, oh I missed you so much, Isaac. I am sorry. I am sorry" I croaked on his shoulder with tears spilling from my eyes.

"I missed you, too, Bella" he whispered in my hair.

"I uh I-I am sorry, I am so sorry for leaving you. I just couldn't bear the thought of you hating me" I stuttered now looking at his intense gaze.

"I know but-" his sentence stayed in the middle when the surroundings got changed and now I was back at Isaac's packhouse.

"Isaac?" I yelled looking frantically for something or someone.

"Hello? anyone here?" I yelled again now getting goosebumps all over my body.

"Bella I am here" I heard Isaac's voice from upstairs which ended in a grunt.

"Isaac, Isaac, no-no-no ISAAC" I yelled back running towards the stairs where the black hooded figure was holding Isaac's throat with its hand.

"NOOO, leave him, please, leave him" I sobbed in my hands, the hooded figure looked at me with its petrifying eyes and snapped Isaac's neck.

"NOOOOOOOOO ISAAC NOOOO" I screamed but suddenly I heard a voice.

"Belle-Belle, wake up, Belle, wake up"

"Belle, it's a dream, wake up" I jolted awake and saw a terrified Darlene.

"Damn it you scared me, Belle"

"Uh, what happened?" I asked her looking at my room getting relieved that it was just a dream and got up from the mat.

"You were screaming Isaac's name in your sleep" he looked at me with worry in her eyes and continued "did you have a nightmare related to Isaac?"

"Yeah, but it's nothing. I am okay" I smiled, weakly.

"You can talk to me if you want, Belle"

"No, I am okay, I just need some rest just, so I can learn that magical shit asap" I mumbled.

"Okay, if you say so, I would be in my room if you need anything" she turned and left

When she went out of my room, I sighed loudly and flopped down on my bed.

After laying down on my bed and contemplating my life for an hour, I got up and went towards the window of my room. I could see a silver orb gleaming in the lonely sky, the moonlight was shimmering on the dark forest trees making them shine. The moon always soothed me, I don't know why maybe it's because I am a werewolf, too. I dont know why I haven't been able to shift in a wolf. I desperately wanted to see my wolf.

"Belle?" I heard somewhere whispering behind me and my heart stopped beating for a second, I turned around and saw
Nate is on my doorstep.

"What the hell, Nate? You scared me" I put my hand over my now thumping heart.

He chuckled and came inside my room and sat on my bed " I am sorry, I didn't mean to startle you"

"Why are you here?"I flopped beside him and looked at him.