Empty

I've never loved her more than I do in this moment.

After two days of recovering in the hospital, I was discharged in the evening. A feeling of soreness still lingered in my muscles, and the bruises were still present. My arm was bandaged from the cut I received at training camp. Along with a bruised rib and a mild concussion, the only thing I wanted to do was sleep.

For the first 24 hours I was confined to my room, a handful of people stopped by. Some police officers stopped by for a statement (and I'm not even sure I remembered everything when I talked to them). All Might wanted to make sure I was okay. It was shocking and somewhat frightening to see the greatest hero of all time shrunken to a form that's smaller than me, badly bruised and bandaged all over, his right arm in a sling. He reassured me he was recovering just fine. I was told the Kaminari's also stopped by, but it was when I was passed out. They left me some snacks and a few clothes from home.

And of course, Shoto didn't leave my side. He laid on the side of my bed, letting me rest my head on his chest while I slept. He was so kind and gentle, constantly telling me that everything's okay. It was the only thing that kept me calm the first few days.

I slept through the majority of my time in the hospital. I was exhausted. And the doctor explained that I was also tired from the concussion, and that I should give myself a lot of rest to help the healing process. I had no objections to that.

I didn't want to reflect on everything that happened.

When I was finally discharged, Shoto helped me collect the few things I had and walked me home. It was busy, since everyone was coming home from work to enjoy dinner with their families. God, it felt like years had gone by since the last time I was in my apartment.

As soon as I walked in the door I noticed how clean everything was. Of course, I was a neat person. But everything was shiny and bright and perfect.

I turned to Shoto. "Did you do this?"

He shrugged. "I needed to do something so that I didn't go insane."

"Thank you." I dropped everything I was holding onto a chair and collapsed onto the couch.

"Are you hungry? I can make you something." I could hear Shoto opened cabinets in the kitchen.

I started to sit up again. "Yeah, but let me - "

"Just relax. I'll bring it to you."

I sighed. "Thank you, Shoto. For everything."

I needed this. I would not have been able to handle everything that's happened if he wasn't here.

Isn't that what my dad wanted?

I shivered, trying to shake the image out of my head. I've done so well trying to avoid him in my thoughts. Tears pooled behind my eyes as my throat grew tight.

A few minutes later, Shoto brought me a bowl of Mac and Cheese. "Here you are Princess. Are - " I tried to hide my expression from him, but he gently moved my arms away from my face. "Are you okay?"

His kindness sent me over the edge. I couldn't stop the tears from spilling as I shook my head. Shoto didn't hesitate to embrace me, holding me close as he ran his fingers through my hair.

Out of all the memories I've lost, I wish I lost that one. The one where I learned my father is an obsessed, psychotic villain.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I awoke with a start. I felt Shoto's arms around me, hearing him breath steadily as he slept.

Confused, I wiggled out of Shoto's hold and sat up. I was in my bed, with a tiny ray of light poking out through the blinds. It was morning. I must've fallen asleep on the couch last night.