First Date

He flashed me a quick smile. "Don't worry, I'll tell you about it later."

As the bell rang to signify lunch, Shoto grabbed my hand and dragged me to the cafeteria. I was as red as a cherry. Standing in line for lunch, I made eye contact with Mina, who was standing across the room. She winked and blew a kiss. I shook her out of my head, a blushing mess, and turned back to Shoto.

We sat at a small table, just the two of us, munching on our lunch. "Why'd you drag me here, Shoto?"

"You're my friend, and I want to have lunch with you." He said plainly.

"You know, you can just ask me to eat with you." I giggled.

His stare reminded blank. "Okay."

We chitchatted during the reminder of lunch. I ignored the stares from the other girls in our class. I have to avoid them for a while, or I'll be relentlessly teased.

"Who are you interning with?" I asked at one point.

"My old man."

"Endeavor? Really?" I asked, surprised. "Last I heard you hated the guy. Why do you want to intern with him?"

"I didn't choose him because he's my father. I chose him because I want to experience what it's like being the number two hero."

"Oh. OH. That's smart. That is . . . so smart." I chuckled nervously. "The only reason I'm going to my agency is because they're the only agency that requested me."

Maybe I should focus more on hero training. I probably need it more than anyone else.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
There he sat, with three of his friends, yet he never acknowledged their presence. His attention was turned to his best friend, who was obsessed with the stupid, mysterious guy she had just met. He could feel his feelings crack at the seams as their hands brushed against each other on the table.

"Denki," Kirishima asked from across the table. "you okay?"

"What?" His head snapped to look at his friends.

"What're you looking at?" Kirishima said.

"Must be Jirou, the musical girl." Sero commented. Denki glanced and saw she was sitting a few tables away from (Y/N)."

"Y-Yeah . . ." He spoke nervously.

"Ooooo, someone's got a crush!" Sero joked.

"That's so manly!" Kirishima commented.

Denki sighed. It's been years. He didn't know how much longer he could keep his feelings bottled up.
  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
As the week went by, the more I drowned in homework and training. I would used the gym and equipment at U.A. after classes. Not like I had a lot of resources elsewhere.

Shoto caught me as I was leaving the locker rooms on Thursday. "(Y/N), can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up? It doesn't involve more training, does it?" I complained.

"No, it doesn't." He took a deep breath. "Would you like to go see a movie tomorrow night? If you're not busy, of course."