Doctor

"I love you."

My eyes shot open in a panic.

I was sweating, tears stained on my cheeks. I tried to sit up when I felt a pair of strong arms hold me tight.

I then completely panicked. I could no longer control my breathing, thrashing against this person.

"Shh," a man's voice soothed, pulling me close, petting my hair. "It's okay. You're safe with me."

I stopped struggling as I remembered where I was - my room, with Shoto's arms enveloping me. I relaxed, letting him pull me close. I felt secure in his arms. My nightmare was already forgotten.

"Shoto. . ." I mumbled into the fluffy blanket.

"(Y/N)?" He whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Shouldn't we get up for school?" It was Friday.

"I don't wanna move, (L/N)."

"Was that a formal request to skip school?" I felt Shoto nod, since he had snuggled his head against my neck. "Todoroki, I have to go."

"Only I can call you by your last name here." He mumbled, nuzzling me with his nose.

"That's not fair." I tried to move again, but Shoto had pinned himself to me. "Shoto, come on, I can't skip."

He shook his head, sighing. His breathing tickled my neck.

I sighed in frustration, and gave up. "Fine. Just ten more minutes."

All Shoto did was exhale slowly, mumbling words I couldn't make out. Oh my God, he is so cute when he's sleepy. He's like a child.

I closed my eyes, resting.

Before I knew it, Shoto was softly shaking my shoulder to wake me. I didn't even open my eyes - I groaned, and rolled over.

"Now look at who won't get out of bed." Shoto complained. "(Y/N), it's ten o'clock. I made you breakfast."

At the mention of food, my eyes flew open as I jumped to my feet. Before I could do anything else, Shoto wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. His tone changed dramatically.

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry you can't remember anything. You talked and cried in your sleep and I'm just so worried about you. It's my fault. All the talking of my family and siblings must've upset you."

A hollow pit formed in the bottom of my stomach. "It's okay, Shoto. It's not your fault." I pulled back from his embrace. "I'm happy to hear about your family and your story. I just wish I could share mine."

"You will."

"What?"

Shoto played with a strand of my hair. "We're gonna find Ghost and get your memories back. I promise."

I gave him a hopeful look. "Really?" So naive of me.

He nodded. "Promise."

I smiled. "Thank you."

Shoto turned and fetched something out of his jacket pocket. "(Y/N), I couldn't help myself, and I thought you'd appreciate this . . ."

He turned around and held up a golden pendant shaped like a heart. "This is for my Princess."

I gaped at him. "Wow, I don't know what to say - "

"Let's try it on." He smiled softly. I nodded, pulling my hair to the side so he could clasp the necklace on for me. Upon closer inspection, the heart had the letters s.t. engraved in them.