#2: How Akuma met Flower

How did it all start??? Hmm... That was something Hanabi couldn't quite comprehend.

1349 words
___________

It was a strange night today as it seems, and Hanzo found himself intrigued. He paced towards her with a sinister grin, swinging his sword to clean the red liquid marking it. He was but a few centimeters away from her as he chose to stop dead in his tracks. He leaned towards her ear.

"Akai is my favorite color," he whispered, "Don't you love it when blood dances around as you slash somebody? Or when blood spills on the floor, escaping a dead body, painting the surroundings?"

Hanabi shuddered at his words, the Akuma ninja was (of course) too powerful for somebody like her to handle. She was but a scarlet flower, due to wither away eventually. Right here right now, at the mercy of this.. demon. Perhaps it was just her time. He registered her expression, figuring he liked what he saw, and it enabled him to speak further. He smirked.

"My Ame no Habakiri thirsts for the blood of other ninjas. But your blood isn't something I will give him."

The enemy was implying that he would spare her. There was every hint of feebility, she was binded by one of his jutsu's. He was a mass murderer, driven by the lust for power, dominance, and caos, yet he chose to not kill her?

Hanabi choked, "This must be a trick, it won't work."

Did she try to break his jutsu? No. She understood how his powers greatly contrasted with hers, so therefore, she did not attempt it. Hanzo found her words quite entertaining, out of all the ninjas he's faced, she was by far the most feistiest and loveliest.

"Oh this is not a trick, girl. Anata wa omoshiroi, and I love to have my fun once in a while. After all, I must admit, killing everybody in almost the same way bores me."

Out of all the countless opponents that he's faced why does she have to be the first one he takes interest in? She did not want this at all.

She groaned. "Surely there were other women or men ninja you found interesting..."

Hanzo laughed, almost like a child, which was unbecoming and out of character for him. For once, he didn't seem like a psychotic dick.

He took a hand and tilted her chin upwards to capture her gaze.
"You will be the only one I will ever spare, not to mention the only ninja. Of course, I've killed ninjas who've picked a fight with me before, I'm sure you know that. Feel very flattered, because there is something about you I like."

Despite how she had every reason to scowl at him in disgust, to spit the blood she had coughed up on his face, she had instead looked away shyly. "You fool... that can't be right..."

"Actually, you've caught my interest for a while now. Now who took my place as the current shadow of Iga? What was his name... Hayabusa, was it?" Hanzo chuckled in sick mirth.

"Something like that."

Hanzo narrowed his eyes at her, "He's been with that flat-chested umbrella chick for a while now, and yet, you're still hopelessly in love with him."

He was pushing her in all the right ways, she had nothing left, not her family nor the man she was hopelessly falling in love with, he did not return this love in the first place. There was no point in anything else really, nothing else to live for. In the best voice she could manage, she spoke, " Please... Just finish me off..."

"No."

These words caught her by surprise, moreso they came from him, and there were these tears leaving her eyes, hot and burning tears. "Why not? Why must I suffer like this? Your sword wants to kill me, so why don't you?"