Chapter Three - An Angel's Touch

When you finally woke up, you were faced with an angry Dean Winchester. 

That was never good. 

“What is it, Dean?” You asked, becoming a little nervous. He sighed, holding up the colour chart. 

“Why do you have this?” He asked. Even as the oldest sibling, Dean sometimes took over that role when you did something stupid. 

“I was curious of what it looked like. You know I’ve never seen one.” You sighed, trying to hide the fact you were trying to learn the colours and had met your soulmate. “Where are Rachael and Brooke?” You tried to change the subject. 

“On a hunt, but that’s not what’s on my mind right now. I know you’re lying.” He paused. “I know you met your soulmate and I know who it is.” He crossed his arms. You froze. 

“How can you know?” You asked Dean, crossing your arms as well. He pointed to your legs. You looked down at them, seeing the trench coat draped over them. 

“You don’t think I recognize that coat? Really? Your soulmate is the ‘angel?’” He narrowed his eyes at you. 

“Dean, you can’t yell at me for who is meant to be mine. I can’t help it. He-”

“Your soulmate is a monster!” Dean interrupted, yelling. You glared back at him. Bobby had to step in before a fight started. 

“Dean. Calm down. She’s right. She can’t help it.” He whispered. Dean yanked his shoulder away from Bobby’s grasp. 

“Get out.” Your twin brother seethed. You blinked in surprise. Would he really kick you out? “Get out!” He yelled. You stood and folded the trench coat in your arms. As you walked out of the room, you intentionally bumped into Dean. You grabbed your bag and car keys, heading out. When you drove off in your Mustang, you realized you had nowhere to go from here. 

You drove until you found a spot you were used to coming to. It was a small clearing, where you would lay and watch the stars. You sighed as you parked your car and walked to the clearing. You always came here when you needed to let out your emotions. Being the oldest of your brothers and the way you were raised, you believed you weren’t allowed to have any ‘weak emotions’ such as sympathy or sadness. So you never let your brothers see that side of you. 

When you sat down in the clearing, your pulled Castiel’s trench coat over your shoulders. The bitter wind was biting into your skin, making you shiver. You started to cry, letting all your emotions out. Your own brother kicked you out just because of your soulmate. Just because he was an angel. 

Buried deep in your thoughts, you didn’t even notice the one person who your family rejected you for. 

He stood a little bit behind you in his navy blue suit, making sure you had your space. Castiel didn’t know whether or not to leave you be or if he should comfort you. Either way, he wouldn’t know how to calm you down. He had never done so before. He decided to take a risk. 

The angel sat down next to you, hesitant to do anything. He didn’t want you pushing him away. You lifted your head, jumping when you noticed him out of the corner of your eye. You quickly wiped your tears, but by the look on Castiel’s face he already knew you had been crying. You examined his features for a few seconds before shrugging off the trenchcoat you had on. 

“I- Here you go.” You wanted to return it and not let him think you were clingy. You could feel the wind making you almost numb, yet you said nothing about it. 

“Are you sure? It’s quite windy and I don’t want you catching a cold.” He spoke, tilting his head. His sincerity warmed your heart, but you nodded anyway.