Fendrel shrugged. "I just figured we would continue to look for Mist in a few hours." He shook his head. "Where's Viper?"

"She's back with her mother. Adder wanted to thank you personally, but I don't know where she is right now." Venom started off toward the back of the chamber where the sunlight didn't reach the corners.

"Well, I guess we're staying here for the rest of the day." Fendrel turned to Charles and Cassius.

Charles nudged Fendrel's shoulder with his fist. "I thought you guys were on a schedule. What's the setback?"

"You two." Fendrel pointed at Charles and Cassius. "And Venom doesn't think I get enough sleep, apparently."

"You do have dark circles." Cassius nodded.

"Fendrel." Venom was waiting by the pit.

Fendrel shot a quick glare at Cassius. "You two should probably stick close." He led the two to the dusk dragon.

Venom crouched while Fendrel climbed onto his shoulders and looked at the other humans.

Charles and Cassius clambered, not so graciously, up behind Fendrel.

The dusk dragon rose and looked at Fog. "You don't need to worry about flying blind. Just follow my glow."

Fog opened her wings and nodded. "Okay." She sidled up next to Venom.

Venom spread his wings and dove into the pit. The scales on his chest sparked to life, illuminating just enough for Fog to see where he was. The vapor dragon tipped forward and unfurled her wings.

The red fire dragon and his guards came closely behind.

Venom glided through the darkness until his claws scraped the rocky ground. He landed and tucked in his wings. "Duck your heads."

Fendrel heard Venom's claws scrape the ground as he walked. He felt Venom crawl as the air grew warmer. Fendrel squinted as they approached a source of light.

Birds chirped beyond the opening, and a small waterfall gurgled.

Venom stepped out of the small tunnel and stretched his wings. He stayed crouched. "We're here."

Fendrel dropped to the ground with Charles and Cassius landing just beside him. The prince stumbled forward after losing his footing.

The dusk dragon rose as Fog emerged from the tunnel. The group gazed at the scene before them.

It was a giant rocky bowl full of streams, willow trees, flowers, and butterflies.

Fendrel followed Venom into the secluded bowl. "Why did you bring us all the way here to talk to me?"

Venom nodded toward Cassius and Charles. "They won't be able to run if they want to."

Fendrel tensed. "Why would they need to run?"

"They might be dangerous, and I might need to take care of them. So, you must convince me that they don't need to be dealt with." Venom rested in the grass. "Sit down."

Fog and Fendrel joined him.

"Are we all just sitting now?" Charles approached Fendrel.

Fendrel shook his head. "I don't think you need to be here for this."

Charles turned to Cassius and shrugged.

"So, who are they?" Venom kept his voice flat as he stared down at Fendrel. "Start with the younger one."

Fendrel blew out a puff of air. "Okay, long story short, he wants to defenestrate the head of the royal guard and he needs my help for that."

"You agreed to help him?" Venom arched is neck.