Even with All my Effort and Might

Beginne am Anfang

"Taehyung." His mother called as you both sat on the sofa in their house. "You both should go, you have classes tomorrow and you might miss the last bus. I packed you some sandwich you can eat along the way."

The bus ride was silent, Taehyung didn't slept and you weren't able to do as well. There was one thing bugging your mind.

That word hunted your thoughts and nothing survive inside your brain aside from that.

Marriage.

Yes, you love him. Who wouldn't want to marry him? He's nice, responsible and someone you can lean on. The only problem is, you don't want to drag him in your life and right now, you're not sure if you can commit to an answer yet.

"It's okay, Y/N." Taehyung suddenly said.

"Okay?"

"I'm sorry you heard that. You must've been shocked. I'll wait, until you're sure." Taehyung pulled your head on his shoulder and kiss your forehead. "Don't feel pressured. I can wait."

"About what?" You feigned ignorance but you know by the way he's looking at you that he could read you.

"I love you. I know you love me— I'm pretty sure about that, now. It's different, I guess— commitment— if you're not ready for that— I can wait." He takes a peek at you face and pinched your nose. "Your brows are furrowed and it looks like you're having constipation so stop thinking too much about it."

That was him, that's what you love about him. The way he somehow anticipates what you need and he always makes you feel secured about your feeling.

The placard in the rain.

The way he cuddles with you when Seulgi is around.

Even the way he gets jealous over Jungkook because he's taking advantage of you. It's irritating but it makes your heart swell when you think about it.

Instead of feeling loved, you're questioning why you feel trapped. That he's smoldering you with all the things he's willing to give but you can't return anything.

"Why are you crying?" Taehyung noticed your shaking shoulder. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, I'm just happy— I feel like I don't deserved you." It was the half-truth that you can manage to say for now.

——

"Jungkook must still be in Jeolla." The room was still well kept and his shoes was not around. "Wanna stay tonight? You can leave early so you change clothes before going to—"

"Wanna talk about it?" Taehyung gently closed the door and sat, looking at you.

"I don't want to fight." Instead of facing him, you opened the fridge and saw the ice cream that Jungkook bought for you.

Taehyung sighs, "Who says we're gonna fight? Y/N, I told you I can wait but I need to know if you have some reservation with our relationship or if you don't want it. Is there something else that you're looking for?"