My courage will wane but I will never

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry." I said and truly were. I pulled her, my heart breaking over the fact that I made her cry again. "I'm sorry."

"You should quit your job, Tae." She said sobbing.

"This is just one time Y/N. I swear I'll be careful." I said. "I'll drink coffee or something— I'm sorry it won't happen again."

"That's not the point, Tae!" She shouted.

"What? You want that specific pudding—" I was becoming frustrated and being sarcastic is all I can do.

"I don't want you to risk your future for me." Y/N said. "I don't want to see you struggling— I don't want to see you feel unhappy because you're trying so hard to make me happy."

"What's wrong with that?" I said trying to understand her. "What's wrong with giving it a shot so we could—"

"Because waiting is better. It's just a year and a half more Tae. A year and a half of waiting— then after that we'll work. You don't have to sacrifice your studies just because you're jealous." She said.

It hit me with a blinding rock. My strength seems to drain outside my body. All the excitement that I'm feeling— the connection we had a few moments ago flew.

I'm the only one who wants it. I'm not doing it for her. I'm doing it for myself.

— and all because I'm jealous.

"Okay. I'll just finish for a month— then I'll quit." I said giving her a smile as best as I could.

——

I was wearing my shirt after my shift ends. I got back the mid shift that takes less toll on my studies. It was good that they did allow me to quit for only a month but they told me they are willing to take me back if in case I changed my mind.

The owner jokingly said that my shift always attracts high school girls more than the usual and he was sad to let me go.

"Tae— someone's looking for you." Jimin said as he came in.

"Who?"

"That girl Jungkook's dating. She seems to be crying— maybe she caught Jungkook again or something." He said as he begins to undress.

"Thanks."

Dahyun tries to drink her coffee between sobs and smiled at me as she cries again. "What happened?" I asked.

"I broke up with him." Dahyun said.

My hand reached out to wipe her tears and her hand went over to mine. "I can't believe I'm crying for him after all he's done to me."

"Could be your pride— but I'm not here to judge." I said and it made her chuckled. "What happened— or should I say— what took you so long?"

"I'm leaving Korea." She said. "My parents are going back to China. I initially planned to stay and then—"

"Wait wait wait— I wanna guess—" I was trying to lighten up the conversation which she welcome after blowing her nose and nudge me to say what's on my mind. "You asked him if he would change for you and if he is willing to— you would stay."

"That's too much. You said it yourself— he won't change." She rolled her eyes. "I just asked him if I could trust him not to cheat."