___________________
ARIA'S POV
- Present Day -

Every part of my body hurts from being waxed, pruned and picked just to look temporarily presentable before being thrown into death. The only good thing is that I feel clean and Florence was able to use some cream to fix my bruised nose.

Florence definitely went over the top for the parade. I look like some ocean goddess, although I know that I would never appear that way to anyone.

A crown of small white shells is laid lightly upon my head, contrasted by my brown hair. I also wear a necklace with a pure gold starfish as main piece of the pendant. My dress is painted in light blues, dark blues and white with even more shells dangling. A lot of skin is revealed, especially above my lower back, but that's to be expected.

And Florence just had to add long fake eyelashes and a small amount of deep sea blue eyeshadow. She even put gold glitter on the tips of my hair to represent the sandy shores of my district! Thank god she said it'll come off.

I approach the District 4 chariot, Finnick no where in sight. A beautiful black gelding stands before me; incredibly calm considering the roars from outside where the whole of Panem is waiting. I stroke the horse gently which helps my own nerves settle.

After a few moments I begin to feel like I'm being watched. It's kind of unsettling, so I turn to meet the eyes of none other than my fellow district partner.

Finnick wears literally nothing. The only thing he wears is a fishing net strapped around his waist and a necklace. It's obvious that his stylist wanted to go simple and show Finnick's status as Capitol darling as much as possible. I hold back the temptation to chuckle at the costume.

Finnick doesn't say anything to me, instead his mouth is slightly gaped open as he stares at what I'm wearing. I feel self conscious as he looks me up and down in silence and awe.

"Love, you look..."

I instantly blush, looking to the floor as if that would stop the natural occurrence. He didn't even finish the sentence and I'm turning red like an absolute idiot.

Finnick places his hand under my chin, softly guiding my gaze to meet his own. His eyes have me lost as he finally finds his words.

"-breathtaking," Finnick finishes, the familiar and charming smirk now wide on his face. His hand stays under my chin for a few more moments before the touch is gone.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see someone walking by and towards the final chariots. There's no mistaking it's Katniss Everdeen— the 'Girl on Fire.'

"Time to work my charm." Finnick winks at me before following after Katniss.

I sigh, being left alone but my mind racing with the moment Finnick and I just shared. I don't have much time to think of it though before I'm interrupted by a... tree?

The female victor who approaches me wears an obvious scowl on her face. Her eyes scream anger and disgust, but not towards me. Thank god.

She looks physically dangerous and a definite threat in the arena, but then a bell rings in my head.

"Johanna Mason right?" I tilt my head, trying to get a better look at her to determine if I'm right.