"I'm not even gonna ask." I sighed, resting my head on the window with my eyes closed, feeling extremely tired. It was almost one in the afternoon so there is now way I'm letting myself sleep. I cannot afford to mess up my sleeping schedule.

The rest of the ride was filled with quiet music, and it wasn't long before we pulled into the parking garage of our building, not at all prepared for whatever Brandon had planned.

We left Nick's bag in the car since we still had to take him home, but Brandon took my stuff for me while we waited for the elevator doors to open.

We got in after letting the people inside walk out first and Brandon pressed our floor.

"Okay, you are starting to freak me out. What is going on?"
I asked him.

"You'll see." He sang, the doors finally opening for our floor. We walked to our door and I shared a weird look with Nick.

"Before you walk in, I need Maddie to put this on." Brandon says, pulling out a bandana from his hoodie pocket.

"Why not me?" Nick asked.

"Because I only have one and this surprise is more for her." He replied, tying the bandana around my eyes before I could even give consent.

"I feel so special." Nick muttered.

Just let it happen.

"Ready?" My brother spoke from in front of me, my vision blinded and filled with the color black.

"No." Nick and I both reply, hearing the sound of knocking on the door.

I hear the door open and hushed voices in the distance before Brandon have me permission to walk inside.

"Okay, come in."

Not even sure where I was going, I stepped forward, already finding myself tripping over the bump in front of the door leading into the apartment.

"Fuck." I cursed, putting my hands out in front of me to feel around. I hear snickering and I so badly wanted to flip the person off if they were laughing at my inability to see where I was going. "How are you going to cover my eyes and not fucking tell me where I'm going?"

"Shit, my bad. Grab my hand." Brandon apologized as he grabbed my hand.

Muttering profanities to him under my breath, I let him lead me to wherever the hell we were going until eventually I came to a stop.

"What on earth is happening?" I questioned impatiently, feeling awkward just standing here without being able to see.

"Take it off." I hear a familiar voice speak. They had an accent, but I wasn't sure who's it was. It was Italian for sure, but the only person I knew with that distinct Italian accent was -

I remove the banana from my eyes quickly in excitement.

"Roma!"

"The one and only." She greeted, wrapping her arms around me as I jumped into my cousin's arms.

"What are you doing in Canada?" I asked her, smiling and hugging her extremely tight.