A laugh fell from the swimmer's mouth. Skye would often pass him when he was singing on the streets outside of the shops and would always throw him some money to help encourage others to do the same. It usually worked. He was a talented singer who preferred singing for the tourists rather than taking it any further. Craig said that it paid more money than you'd expect, far more than his last job in Shoezone. Then when it was quieter in the town, he would perform at the local holiday parks.

Wincing in pain, Skye forgot to respond.

"Need some help getting home?" Before she was able to reply, Craig had already put his arm around Skye to try and help her take pressure off her leg.

As much as Skye wanted to decline his help it was a Godsend that he was there at that exact moment, not to mention willing to help her.

Skye groaned humorously, "I'm a strong, independent woman and a gold medallist swimmer. I shouldn't need to be helped home by a man." After a pause, Skye's eyes lifted to look up at him and she gave a little nod. It was easier than saying 'yes' out loud.

"Any opportunity to drop your medals into the conversation, eh?" Craig joked back. It was probably the first time that Skye had seen him joking since Alana's death. Most of the time he wandered around with a frown and intense sadness behind his big hazel eyes.

"I may never get another one, so I may as well boast about the ones I do have," sighed Skye, not intentionally lowering the mood.

"I don't believe that for a second, but you can explain as we walk."

"Or hobble," Skye joked, rolling her eyes at herself.

Skye wasn't too unlike Craig's deceased girlfriend, Alana. The swimmer was more outgoing and a little older, but she held that same warm smile and that genuine kindness towards people, especially the people who needed it the most.

The duo began to stumble back to Skye's house, both laughing as if for a moment their worries had been forgotten. Skye felt their awkward gazes clash occasionally but giggled through them. She had always been a very giggly person, but this had been the first time she'd felt them escape her mouth since the accident.

Skye rolled her eyes when Craig started to laugh louder. "I'm glad that seeing me walk like a sheep who's had one too many gin and tonics amuses you," she joked.

"I know we live in Wales, but how many drunk sheep have you met exactly?"

"More than you would believe," laughed Skye, tilting her head to the side.

Craig chuckled. "Next time you find a drunk sheep, tell it I want to meet it."

Skye pressed her lips together and then said, "I really don't think a drunk sheep would understand. Sorry."

"But a normal sheep definitely would?"

"Oh, definitely."

Their conversations had always been unusual, but there was something so natural about it. Both had silly sides, both of them carrying a good sense of humour. Craig's just had to be dragged out of him a bit more.

It was odd now that they were such good friends when Skye thought back to when they'd first met. She'd found his bouncy, brunette curls cute. A small crush was there, but that had been extinguished since Alana's death, or even since he'd begun dating Alana in the first place.

She'd only noticed her feelings a couple of times and swimming had distracted her and made her forget both times.

After a tiring walk home, Skye and Craig finally reached her house. "Do you have time to come in?" Skye asked as she unlocked the door. She couldn't wait to get in, not only so that she could sit down and rest her foot but because it was getting cold and dark out too. Skye didn't much like the winter but thankfully it would be Spring before too long