Kace looked at the both of us in silence for a while, before asking again, "Then why are you here?" "As her best friend, I have to be here." Alyssa replied, rolling her eyes again and folding her arms.

The three of us stood there in silence, or sat there, in my case, for a while. When suddenly, Kace's face brighten and he asked eagerly, "Oh right! Is it true you're Alan's girlfriend now? That is too cool!" "Not you too Kace! Ugh. My life sucks..." I groaned, hiding my face in my hands. "Yeah. Says the girl who was everything she could possibly want." Alyssa remarked, raising an eyebrow. I looked up and gave her a dead-panned look. Was she really going to do this with me now? Now? When I'm in the middle of a huge crisis? Alyssa turned to face Kace and asked, "Kace, did you see Alan anywhere?" Kace nodded and replied, "Yeah. A bunch of girls were waiting for him at the entrance to the school and they practically pounced on him. He should still be stuck there. For now."

Alyssa turned to me and pulled my up by my arms. "Listen girl. If you don't want to face Alan right now, that's fine. But this might be our only chance for us to sneak you into school without having almost every girl in this school, and that's a lot of girls, charge at you and tear you to pieces. That would be really hard to deal with. (You think? 🤨😂) Alan is still stuck at the front of the school, for now, at least, so come on!" Alyssa raced into the school, opening the back door for Kace and I to follow.

Ok. Let's do this quickly. I got up and ran after Alyssa, Kace right behind me. Kace wasn't wrong about the swarm of girls. Even at the other end of the school, I could still see and hear them practically interrogating Alan. Most likely on why he chose me as his "girlfriend". I rolled my eyes and followed Alyssa. I'm not his girlfriend! Get a grip people! We ran up the stairs and into the classroom, pushing past students walking along the hallways.

There were a couple of girls who didn't join the mob downstairs walking around the hallways, but we didn't stay long enough to hear what they had to say. No way in hell was I going to take that chance. We burst into the classroom just as the school bell rang. Everyone in the class turned to look at us. Why is it always me?! Ms Bustier looked up from her desk and instructed, "Emma, Alyssa, Kace, good, you're here. Sit down please. Class is starting."

I nodded and scurried over to my seat. I could feel everyone's eyes on me. For the thousandth time this year. Seriously. It's like I'm always in the spotlight. Always the center of attention.It was tiring. And a little weird. I looked around the classroom, trying to distract myself from their stares. Alan, Carmen and Sara were missing. Carmen must've wanted to join the rest of the girls downstairs and Sara had no choice but to follow.

Surprisingly, Lexi was here. I thought she would be one of the girls downstairs. Surely she would want to know why Alan is my "boyfriend". Whatever. I couldn't care less about what Lexi Rossi does. Except to me and all of my friends. I pushed that thought to the back of my mind. I wouldn't let her get to me. And I wouldn't let Lexi succeed in whatever she's planning.

Ms Bustier sighed and put whatever she was looking at down on her desk. "What is taking Alan, Carmen and Sara so long? Class started five minutes ago." "They're still downstairs. Poor Alan. He's probably drowning in girls right now." Alyssa whispered to me. I smiled as I imagined Alan in a sea of girls, bobbing up and down, arms thrashing. It was quite comical. I looked at Alyssa and we burst into a fit of silent giggles.

Just then, a loud shout was heard throughout the school. We all recognized it as Mr Damocles' voice. Alyssa and I stared at each other wide-eyed. What the hell is he doing down there? More shouts soon followed and the classroom door burst open as Alan, Carmen and Sara made their way to their seats.

The entire class watched as the three of them made their way to their seats. Carmen was clearly furious. She stomped over to her seat and sat down with a huff, crossing her arms. She turned around and glared at me the harshest that I had ever seen before facing forward again. Sara just sat down beside Carmen wordlessly, head down.