[8] a douche in angel clothing

Start from the beginning

"I don't know, man, I was just driving home," Chris started, his brow furrowed, "and I saw her walking alone. At first, I didn't think much of it, but as I drove closer I noticed that she was crying, and look, I know what you think of me, and what you've heard, but I'm not the type of person that just ignores a crying girl." 

"I asked if she needed a ride, and she got really flustered, which I understand. I mean, she probably didn't think anyone would drive by, especially in the rain. She got in the car and I asked if she wanted to call anyone, and she kind of stuttered too much for me to hear, so I just asked her to unlock her phone, and then I called you." 

Dylan nodded slowly, frowning. It wasn't like Felicia at all. "So you don't know what happened before that?"

"Nah, man, I told you all of it." 

Okay, Dylan thought to himself. He was gonna ask Felicia about it the morning after if she felt up to it. His eyes drifted to his sleeping friend, then back to Chris, who already had his eyes on Dylan. The intense gaze that met him almost made him dizzy, a strange feeling settling in the pit of his stomach, and he quickly averted his eyes. It was like the other boy could see right into his soul, even though they weren't talking.

Dylan cleared his throat. "Um, I was thinking that Felicia could sleep in my bed, she... seems to be needing good rest. I have an extra mattress in my room, so you could crash there." 

"Thanks, but I can take the couch if you want-" 

"No, my parents are gonna wake up early, and I wanna avoid questions, so you'll sleep up there," Dylan explained. "Please." 

"Alright." Chris took a long sip of his tea, then putting the now-empty mug on the table. "Do you want me to carry her up?" 

Dylan shook his head. "I'll do it, you can just grab the mugs and put them in the sink." Chris nodded and collected both of their mugs in one hand while Dylan carefully lifted Felicia off the sofa. He held her tight, and with caution, he started walking towards the stairs.

It wasn't easy, carrying someone up the stairs while at the same time trying to be as quiet as possible, but he kind of made it work. Chris was close behind him, slowly moving up. Luckily, Dylan's room wasn't that far from the top of the stairs. He stopped a moment and let Chris open the door, entering before him and Felicia. 

"Did you take these?" He asked, wandering around the room and looking at the various under-water pictures that clad Dylan's walls. Dylan gently placed Felicia on the bed.

"No," he chuckled, "I found them online and printed them on the school printer." Chris hummed, still walking around the room, staring at everything while Dylan started to remove the extra mattress from under the bed.

"There," Dylan said when he finished, making Chris turn to look.

"Okay," he answered, "...okay." 

"I'm just gonna change into something else," Dylan said, moving to his drawer and getting out a t-shirt and some sweatpants. Chris nodded understandingly as Dylan left the room and going to the bathroom. It felt a little weird, Dylan realized, having Chris, whom he'd previously disliked to an extreme extent, in his room. Especially when he wasn't in the room. 

He pulled the shirt that he'd been wearing over his head and replaced it with the pajama, then did the same with the pants. When he got back into the room, Chris had taken off his shirt and was laying on his mattress with the blanket wrapped carelessly around himself, staring at his phone. 

"Alright, goodnight, I guess," Dylan scratched his neck, then got into his own bed, building a small pillow-wall between him and Felicia. 

"Yeah," Chris breathed, turning his phone off and turning to his side.