𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐

Start from the beginning

Charlotte had a question she was burning to ask, she knew that she shouldn't but just couldn't help herself. "Eli." He hummed in response, his gaze now locked upon the cafe everyone was waiting for me was at.

"How was he?" She quietly asked, looking down avoiding eye contact. Elijah sighed as he remembered how heartbroken his little brother has been, he didn't feel sorry for him ~ it was his own fault but he was still family, always and forever.

"It seemed that his actions caused him to regress back into his old habits of biting and daggering. When he first found out about Hope, he didn't want anything to do with her, it took her nearly dying for him to accept it. He had daggered me, thinking I'd been in his way of claiming New Orleans back from Marcellus."

"Hold up! Marcellus as in Marcel? As in the vampire Klaus practically adopted who later was killed by Mikael?"

Elijah softly smiled at her, of course Klaus told her that. "Well, you showed us a memory of the past, allow me to return the favour." He grabbed her hand that was on the bench and showed his memories from nearly eighteen years ago.

"Wow, so Klaus was a dick to everyone ~ no surprise there." There was no surprise, Charlotte wasn't stupid she knew how bad Klaus was, he was the villain, the bad guy. She knew that he always would be but she still jumped into bed with him.

"It was different this time, as strange as it sounds, there was something heartbreaking about it. Then there were times where we thought he was okay until those vivid dreams he had."

"Dreams?" Charlotte strangely said. "What sort of dreams?"

"Well Niklaus never confined in me, he mostly kept them to himself but he'd sometimes shout in his sleep and well he'd be shouting your name." The blonde furrowed her brows as she thought about her own experience.

But before she could tell him, her phone in the back pocket vibrated. Excusing herself she quickly glanced at the text sent by Josie, they were still waiting for her, ice cream eaten and some packed for her.

Looking back to a patient Elijah with an apologetic smile, he nodded softly back understanding parenthood.

"Well, Caring Charlotte, it seems that motherhood calls for you, we can continue this conversation another day." They both stand up from the bench and Elijah pecks her cheek. "I'll see you later Eli."

Charlotte parted ways with Elijah and met up with her family who were waiting for her in the cafe, they decided to go back to the school as the kids were getting more and more tired.

When they reached the school, they all went to their own individual dorms after saying goodnight, Charlotte got changed into some plain sweatpants and a tank top then threw on Ric's old hoodie before going to his room only to see him snoring in bed after checking up on Ric, Charlotte wondered around the hall before stopping in front of her daughters dorm, hearing some noises behind it.

Charlotte knocked on the door and after a moment or two walked in to see the girls laying in their own beds, the only lights coming from the bedside. "Hey munchkins." She greeted, walking in and sitting on Lizzie's bed.

"Hey mom." The twins said in unison, innocently smiling at her, unknowingly to their mother, hiding a few diaries under their pillow. "Why aren't you guys asleep yet?" She asked, running her fingers through the blonde hair.

"We were just about to turn off the lights." Josie smiles, Charlotte smiled and stood up, closing the lights for them before pecking their foreheads. "Do you wanna sleep here tonight?" Lizzie asked eagerly, as childish as it sounded; she loved having sleepovers with her mom and sister together.

"Sorry, sweetheart. I've gotta check up on Landon, he hasn't been feeling too good." Lizzie loudly groaned before muttering a response back but I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Is he okay?" Josie voiced her worry loudly.

"Yeah, he is, I promise. I just need to talk to him." She pecked their foreheads again. "I love you my babies. Goodnight." She walked to the door.

"Night mommy."

"Goodnight momma."

Charlotte gently closed the door behind her before she made her way to Landon's room. When she reached his room, she could hear footsteps pacing back and forth with a quick heartbeat.

She knocked on the door and waited for the footsteps to get closer, a few seconds later, a frantic Landon opened the door.

"Hey." Charlotte said, looking at his state she knew that he was trying to avoid another night of sleeping. "Hi Lottie." He moved to the side, allowing her to walk in.

"Alright, sit." She said, gently pushing his shoulder all the way to his bed until the back of his knees hit the frame causing him to sit.

"Should I not, I don't know, go for a run, keep the adrenaline up." He mumbles, confused. "Nope because I got you these." Charlotte held up a small green pouch and opens it, emptying out the contents in Landon's hand.

"Urm, I'm pretty sure as my guardian and my head teacher, you shouldn't be supplying me with drugs." He joked, getting whacked on the arm. "They're not drugs, well not exactly. A few months ago I was going through the same thing so a friend of mine gave me these herby pills, take one and it should knock you out for a good eight hours and put you in a deep sleep so you wouldn't have any nightmares."

He eyes the mushy green pills, there were only four left. "It should cover you for the rest of the week." Landon glances between the pill and his guardian, he trusted her with his life so he nodded and swallowed a pill without water which Charlotte grimace at.

Landon then laid in bed as she closed the main lights before going back to him and sitting on a chair besides his bed, he took her hand and gripped it tightly, slightly scared of having to go through a childhood trauma again.

Since Landon took one of her hand, she ran her fingers through his head, slightly massaging it with the other, they quietly talked until the phoenix's mumbles turned into deep breaths.

Charlotte stayed for a good hour or two, making sure he was not having any nightmares before slowly getting up from the uncomfortable chair as she turned to leave, Landon's grip on her tightened for a moment before loosening, she gently smiled at him and pecked his forehead. "Goodnight sweetheart." She whispered.

When she reached the door, something happened that made her freeze with one hand on the knob.

"Night mom."

˟˟˟˟

mOm 😭😭 you guys better get the reference

I can't with them, it warms my cold, dead heart.

Just a friendly reminder: NOT EDITED