Story Telling and Trapped

Brent's POV

As the last note, of the last song sounded over the speakers in the gym, I was still thinking about what Brooke said. After that song all I did was sit at our table drinking punch and watching my friends have fun. I was watching one person in paticular though, Lillian. She looked so stunning tonight, and everytime I saw her smile my mood lit up. Her smile was so beautiful, the way the skin around her eyes crinkled so perfectly, the way her teeth weren't perfectly straight, so you knew she wasn't too good to be true.

"Hey man! You coming?" Cole called, I then realized that the students were flooding out of the gym, including my friends. I nodded, getting up from the chair that may or may not have my butt print in it. I jogged to the door where Meg, Troy, and Cole were waiting. Zoe and Mike were coming too, but they had their own car, and I'm guessing Noel and Lillian went to the car already. 

"You guys go ahead, Brent and I have to check on something." Troy told Cole and Meg, who nodded and continued out the door. Troy motioned for me to follow him towards the table I was sitting at. I stuffed my hands in my pockets, knowing what Troy wanted to talk about. He turned to me, looking at me like I was in trouble. 

"What?" I sighed, when I had to say the first word. 

"What happened with Brooke?" Maybe I should be physic or something because I knew he was going to ask that. 

"I broke up with her, it wasn't working." I lied through my teeth, not wanting a lecture from him. 

"Really? Brent I've been your friend since birth. I can tell exactly when you're lying." I cursed under my breath at the reality to his words. 

"Fine, she said it was something about Lillian. I don't know, I don't understand the female race." 

"You might if you could keep a girl for more than two weeks," He mumbled, just loud enough that I could hear. 

"Shut up. Please Troy, share your knowledge on the complecated and confusing species that we call females." I give him a smug grin. 

"I have no idea how I've dealt with you for the last 16 years." He grumbled. 

"You know the sarcasm just rolls off the tongue so easily." The smile easily transitions to a smirk. Troy steps forward and I feel his cold skin across my face, it's like leather. 

"What the hell man?" I stumble backwards. 

"I should be asking you the same thing! Why can't you just stop being a jerk for once and talk to me man!" 

"I can do what I want, especially when it comes to girls." I scowl at him.

"Fine, but don't expect me to fix your problems when you hurt the only people that care about you." With that he turned on his heel and left me alone, in the quiet gym. 

***

"Guys!" I screamed after the grey convertable. He didn't stop, so I yelled again. "Mike! Stop the f*cking car!" This got his attention. He honked the horn and pulled up to the curb. 

"What are you still doing here? I thought the others left already." Zoe said, her lips were swollen. They were kissing. I shook my head with a foolish grin on my face, getting into the back seat of the car.

"They did, Troy told them to ditch me." I answered, the smugness in my voice not faltering for a second.

"What did you do Brent?" Mike asked, pulling out of the lot.

"I broke up with Brooke, Troy thought I used her."

"Did you?" Zoe was shifted in her seat to look at me.