Try Again

I shivered as I leaned against the rim of the basket. Apparently, someone made a call and told the police that a hot air balloon had crashed, and even had the exact coordinates. They didn't know who- but Guy insisted that it was just more of my luck.

Guy seemed rather distant though, I couldn't quite figure out why. The police were taking both of us back to Butterpond, but Guy and I could certainly just camp at Butterpond for a few days. Then we could use the remaining bruckles for two last tickets.

As the hot air balloon landed slowly, I looked over the rim and saw two familiar faces. Michelle and EB waited on the landing ledge. Right as the hot air balloon landed, EB came running up to us eagerly.

When we both stepped off, EB wrapped Guy and me in a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're both safe!" she exclaimed.

I smiled,"Of course we are- you know I wouldn't go down without a fight."

EB started to jump up and down excitedly.

EB grabbed my hand and hurriedly pulled me away,"I saw this really good looking place- it has flannel candy!"

I looked back over at Guy and Michelle- I got that weird feeling in my stomach again. And I didn't like it.

-

"Hey Guy," Michelle awkwardly responded.

"Hey," I slightly smiled.

Michelle played with her hands while she talked,"I'm sorry- I was being quite harsh the last time we spoke. And, well, when I heard that you two were involved in a hot air balloon crash, EB and I came right away."

I shrugged,"It's fine. I completely understand."

I felt so guilty- sitting here next to Michelle, while thinking about Sam. I couldn't stop though- no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop thinking about his smile, his eyes, his voice, just everything about him...

Was it possible that I did like Sam? In a way that a friend shouldn't? I've never thought that I was...into guys. And what about Michelle? Did I ever like her? Nothing made sense.

"Guy, are you alright? You look dizzy. Did you hit your head during the crash?" Michelle asked, already placing her hand on my forehead, feeling for my temperature.

I backed away,"No, no, no, I'm fine."

Michelle nodded,"Okay- well, uh, we better get going to the hotel. EB and I already bought two rooms."

I nodded, still thinking about Sam. I mean, yeah, somethings I fantasized about well..holding him...and other things...But that's normal. Right?

Although, when my parents suggested we were a couple, well...if I did like Sam, not saying that I did, but in this hypothetical situation, if I did, it would explain why I felt so weird about the whole situation in Stovepipe. It would explain a lot actually.

-

I sat alone in the empty hotel room, of course Guy and Michelle were sharing a room. They were dating, after all. Yet I was still disappointed. Why? I didn't know anymore.

EB had already gone down to the pool. While Michelle and Guy were watching a movie, to be exact, Gideon's Key, a classic. I could tell since these walls were so thin. I could hear everything.

I tried hard to do something else- but all I could focus on was listening. Sometimes I would hear Guy laugh- I loved his laugh.

"Guy, I have a question," I heard Michelle ask.