n i n e t e e n

the next morning i was woken up the sound of my phone ringing. i blink my eyes open and realize i'm still at calum's cabin with him still holding me from behind.

oh shit.

i look at my phone and realize i have fourteen missed calls from my mom and seven from my brother. i jump up immediately, waking calum up in the process, and call my mom back.

"audrey, where the actual hell are you? why haven't you been picking up? do you know what time it is?" she begins to question and i sigh knowing i'm in deep shit.

"i'm really sorry, mom. i'm still at calum's and we were watching a movie and we ended up falling asleep. i'll come home right now." i explain while calum gives me a worried look. after exchanging a few more words with my mom, i hang up and take a deep breath.

"are you in trouble?" calum asks sheepishly.

"you don't even know the half of it. my mom said i'm definitely grounded and that we will discuss the details when i get home. do you think you can drive me?" i ask.

"of course i can. i'm really sorry about all of this. we should've set an alarm or something, you know?" he apologizes with a small frown.

"it's okay, really! hopefully my mom calms down by the time i get home and if not i'll be grounded for like two weeks tops." i assure him as he grabs his keys while i grab my coat and bag.

-

"a month?!" i all but shout at my mom, "you're grounding me for a whole month because i accidentally fell asleep at a friend's house?"

"don't bullshit me, audrey. i know he's not just a friend and you're also grounded for lying to me about where you were because there is no way he lives an hour and a half away." she quips and i groan.

"where were you guys anyway?" a voice chirps and i send daggers to my brother. 

"why are you guys still here? shouldn't you be going home now?" i snap back at michael who was sitting at the dining table with luke playing some card game.

"we are here because we almost had to organize a search party for you since you were out galavanting with some boy till two in the morning." he retaliates and i roll my eyes but didn't miss the way luke's jaw clenched upon hearing that i was out with a boy.

"enough! michael, stay out of this. audrey, you are grounded for a month and that's final. you are to come straight home from class, which means no going over to ava's and definitely no going out with calum." she scolds and i slump my shoulders in defeat.

"well, what about our study session, mrs. clifford?" luke pipes up and i send him a glare. there is no way in hell this asshole still thinks i want to get tutored by him, but before i can argue my mom responds.

"okay, you can still get help from luke for your math class and you will go because if i find out you have failed this semester you can guarantee i am adding another month." she scowls and crosses her arms while luke sits with a shit eating grin on his face.

"but-"i begin and i'm instantly cut off.

"no 'buts' now go to your room and get some sleep. i don't want you telling me you're not going to class tomorrow because you're tired." she orders and i walk upstairs defeated.

i jump onto my bed and let out a big sigh. it honestly could be worse, couldn't it? i at least have my phone and my laptop and can still watch tv, however i can't believe i am being forced to still be tutored by luke.

i groan into my pillow and kick my feet in order to let out some frustration before i change into a shirt and sleeping shorts and settle in for the night. i plug my phone in after setting a few alarms and see that calum texted me saying goodnight and apologizing again for getting me in trouble. i assure him that he has nothing to worry about and wish him sweet dreams. as if on cue, i receive another text and of course it's from luke.