X. We Can Only Hope

Suddenly, lights appear from above them, blinding them

Suddenly, lights appear from above them, blinding them. "What's that?!" Richie asks. "Don't look at them! It's the deadlights!" Mike shouts. "Oh, god, oh, god." Alisa gets on the ground, letting go of Richie's hand as hers catches fire once again. "No!" She screams.

"Turn light into dark! Turn light into dark! Say it! Say it!" Mike shouts. "Turn light into dark!" Alisa screams, watching as tiny holes appear on her middle finger. "Turn light into dark!" Everyone else shouts repeatedly. Richie opens his eyes, looking down at the hysterical red head. "Ally! Ally! You okay?!" He shouts. "Rich! Close your eyes!" Alisa screams, shaking her hand quickly.

"Oh, Ally. Just twice more and you're gone." The voice echoes once more through her ears as the lights finally fully extend down, filling up the wooden artifact. Mike quickly places the lid as everything grows silent. Alisa slowly opens her eyes, the fire on her palm burning out. "Two more." She shivers.

Just then, a red balloon begins growing out, blocking mike from closing the lid. "Is this a part of it?" Alisa asks fearfully. "Keep chanting!" Mike screams. "Turn light into dark!" They all yell once again. The balloon grows far too big, causing them all to retreat out of the spikes before they'd be squished.

It envelops the spikes, popping at the last moment, leaving a ringing in the ears of the losers. They all fall to the ground, waiting for their hearing to return. "Are you okay?" Richie yells, running up to Alisa. "I can't hear!" She screams in fear. "It's okay! Hey, it's okay!" Richie places an arm on her shoulder, then helps her up.

"Where's mike?" Richie yells. "I'm here!" MiKe runs in. "Did we do it?" Alisa asks. Beverly taps her flashlight a few times, shining it up, coming face to face with the clown. They all scream, backing away.

"Oh, did it work, Mikey? Did it work?" Pennywise laughs. Alisa's eyes widen as she shakily backs away, afraid of catching fire. "Tell them why your silly little ritual didn't work. Tell them it's all just a.. what's the word? Gazebo?" It adds.

"Mike, what's he talking about?" Eddie asks. "Oh, Mikey. You never told them the full side, did you? You didn't want them to know what happened to the poor Shakopeewa."

"Fuck, Mikey! You lied to us again?" Bill yells. "They didn't believe!" Mike says frantically, nearly in tears. "They did believe! They couldn't kill
Him! That's why it didn't work back then!" Mike adds.

"Are you fucking kidding me, mike?! " Richie yells. Alisa watched mike in sadness and worry as she grabs onto Richie. "I needed something! Anything for us for remember! Anything for us to believe!" Mike continues.

"Fuck you, Mike!" Richie yells back. "Richie, stop! You're only making things worse!" Alisa shouts, sobbing. The deadlights reappear from the artifact, quickly shooting upwards and spinning around. "The deadlights! Don't look at them!" Beverly warns.