V - Epitome of Embarrassment

V — Epitome of Embarrassment

[A/N: For this chapter, I would indicate the scene happening outside the clubroom in italics ^_^]

You woke up with a soft groan as the bright sun rays beamed towards your face. You felt something warm pressed against your body and as you nuzzled your face down, a faint whiff of a familiar scent gently greeted your senses. You reached your hand to groggily rub your eyes and as you opened them, you finally realized that you were hugging Hanamiya or more specifically, you were pressing his face towards your chest. Well, you had this habit of unconsciously hugging anything within your reach during your sleep.

Mortified on what you just found out, you quickly scrambled away from him which utterly failed when he pulled you back to the bed. This time, you were the one pressed against his chest.

“You wake up too early…Let’s sleep some more…” Hanamiya mumbled.

“What are you saying ‘it’s too early’? It’s 7 AM already! It won’t be long until someone from the basketball club will come here.” You protested.

“…I don’t care…Just let me sleep…”

“Okay. You can have your sleep but please let me go already.”

“…No…It’s payback for what you did to me a last night…You almost suffocated me when you pressed me towards your chest… Well, not that I hate it though… ” you blushed at what he said.

“…I thought it was kind of bold of you~” He teased and you could tell that he is smirking at that time.

“S-Shut it…It’s not like I did it on purpose! I was asleep and I wasn’t aware of my surroundings at that time!”

“…Oh…Perhaps you were dreaming of me…the naughty type of dreams…” he chuckled. You swear you can explode anytime now out of embarrassment.

“I wasn’t!”

Then both of you heard footsteps from outside coming closer to the door.

“Someone’s coming! Let go of me now!”

“And why would I do that?

“Eh? Why is it not opening?” Hara grumbled as he tried to open the doorknob.

“It broke yesterday, remember?” Furuhashi replied monotonously.

“Oh. Well it can’t be helped. It looks old and worn out already.” The bubblegum guy sighed.

“I’ll just call the utility guy.” Yamazaki said.

“Anyway, just let go of me. Don’t you think it would be awkward if they found us in this position?”

“For you, yes. But for me, I don’t really mind.”

Your patience was really, really wearing thin.

“HANAMIYA MAKOTO, JUST GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME ALREADY!” you yelled.

“Did you just hear that? Someone’s inside!” Hara said.

“Hanamiya is inside the room? And who was the one who shouted a while ago? That was for sure, a girl’s voice…” Furuhashi remarked.

“[Name]-chan?! …No. I don’t think she speaks that way…” Hara commented.

“Anyway, what the hell are they doing there?”

You clamped your hand over your mouth. There’s no way they did not hear your scream a while ago.

“I never knew you speak that type of language~”

“Shut up!”

“I don’t want to hear that from you.”

You freed yourself from Hanamiya’s hug and pulled him with you towards under his table. (Just imagine that the table here looks like an office desk)

“Hey! What are you doing?”

“We’re going to hide.”

“I don’t think we would fit in there.”

“We won’t know until we try.”

Yamazaki now returned together with the utility man. The utility man began to try to open the doorknob.

“Hurry up!” you said in a hushed voice.

Just as the utility man succeeded in opening the door, both of you had fit under the table and it was, as expected, tight and the two of you were pressed against each other.

“…There’s no one here.” Yamazaki said.

“But we heard a girl’s voice a while ago saying ‘Hanamiya Makoto, just get the fuck off of me!’ right?”

“Yeah. The sofa has been unfolded to be a bed and those bags belong to Hanamiya and [Last Name].”

“Whoa…those uniform jackets are theirs too.”

“Don’t you think we are interrupting them? Why don’t we just leave them alone?” Furuhashi suggested.

“You’re right. Now that I already got the thing I left here yesterday, let’s leave now.” Hara agreed.

“It’s not what you think!” TT_TT you thought.

“Oh…it’s pink…” Hanamiya suddenly said out of the blue.

“Huh? What is…?” you looked down only to see that the two upper buttons of your blouse were undone, making your pink lacy bra to show. Your face overheated in embarrassment.

“Don’t look at me!”

“I don’t know why but I must say you’re being pretty bold today, [Name]-chan~” he teased, making you even more flustered.

“Shut up pervert!” you exclaimed. And you accidentally jumped up making your head hit on the table.

“Oww…”

“Are you alright?” the dark-haired guy worriedly asked.

“…I’m okay.”

“Ooh! They’re there, Captain and [Name]-chan!” Yamazaki exclaimed.

“I think we are interrupting on something. Hara, Yamazaki, let’s leave.” Furuhashi said bluntly.

You blushed and crossed your arms across your chest.

“It’s not what you think!” you and Hanamiya said in unison.