Chapter 10

"Hey" Izanami said drumming her fingers on her sheathe. "Hey" Nobunaga repeated not lifting his head but lowering his hands. "I'm sorry. I should have told you, I even let you believe I was the one who was originally meant to marry you. How horrible" looking down in shame, she kneeled.

"Please forgive me. I can't live knowing that you're mad at me" her forehead was hurried in the grass. Nobunaga looked at her, sadness crossed his face. He sighed, "Fine, I forgive you" crossing his arms he straightened himself out. "Really?! I love y- oh" she was about to jump into his arms when she suddenly shrunk down.

"I'll leave as soon as I can. I'll have my things delivered and-" "What are you talking about?" Nobunaga gave her a confused look as she began to mumble-rant. "Well I assume you'd want a divorce.." Nobunaga jerked backwards. "Was I wrong?" Izanami tilted her head. "Deadly. How could you think of leaving me?" grabbing her arm he pulled her up into his embrace.

"Nobunaga" she let out as her body relaxed into his. New tears forming she hugged him back. "Thank you. Thank you for still loving me" wrapping her arms around him she squished him. "I couldn't live without you, Izanami. But I am still mad" releasing her he gave her a small glare. They laughed and held each other a little longer.
-

Arriving back at Azuchi Izanami spent most of her time with Nobunaga and Amaterasu. Showing her around, teaching her about her new position as chatelaine, and finally letting herself grieve. It had been 4 months since then and everyone was getting used to seeing Izanami so lively. Amaterasu has slowly began to return to her gentle self, but was often haunted by the memories of her wrong doings.

Nobunaga worked with Mitsuhide and Masamune to try and completely eradicate human trafficking. Digging up the roots of old forgotten trees was messy but cleaning the lands of their poison was pleasing. Hideyoshi got the chance to visit the western lands and took Ieyasu with him so he could meet a renowned professor of medicine. Mitsunari finally got the respect in the armies he deserved. After taking charge of the new recruits and having them completely dominate the higher ranks.

"I still can't believe you kept that name" Lien chuckled as he sipped his tea. "It is a part of who I am. Lady Izanami's offer was nice, but changing my name is like betraying the Sakura." he said twirling a flower in his hand. "That's quite noble" Lien raised his brow. "Since when have I been noble?" he chuckled.

"May I join you?" they both turned and smiled. "Amaterasu, it's great to see you again" waving her over Lien scooted aside so she could sit. "How has life at the castle been?" he asked pouring her a cup of tea. "It's been a horse ride. I'm still happy we were able to resolve everything, thank you again Sakura, but I wish I had done so sooner. If I had simply set aside my anger and talked to her...then maybe-" Sakura reached over and placed the flower in her hair.

Looking at him in surprise he smiled. "A worried look doesn't suit you, smile" he tilted his head as he pulled up the sides of his lips. Amaterasu chuckled and smiled widely. Lien simply looked at them through the fog of his glasses.

"They all look like they are getting along" Izanami smiled down at the garden. Nobunaga walked up behind her and pulled her into his arms. Their armor making a sort of clank as they were pressed together. She looked up happily, "Is it time?" she asked. "Yeah the soldiers are waiting at the gates. You know you don't have to come it is just another silly revolt" he said brushing her hair back.

"Some people just refuse to learn." she left his arms and grabbed her sword, "so let's teach them a lesson they won't forget. What do you say my Devil King, will you ride with me into the fiery pits of hell?" her grin was devious as he held out her hand. "For you my queen, anything" he kissed her hand and grinned down at her. Together they set out, the most feared couple in Japan, The Devils Of Azuchi.