Chapter 6

"Never let me do that again" Izanami grasped Sakura's upper arm. "No matter who tries even if it's me, you will fight back." he looked at her and gave her a nod. "By your command, My Lady" he cleaned off the dirt from his clothes. "So what are we going to do?" he asked looking at her. "You suspected me because of the poison correct? When I first saw Mitsunari holding it I thought about-" Izanami glared at him.

"Don't finish that sentence" she growled. "The samples were stolen last night from Ieyasu's room here in the castle. Find any trace of whoever was there. Report back to me with any information no matter how small" bowing his head Sakura disappeared the only sign of his presence were the leaves on the ground swirling.

Walking back to the castle she straightened herself out. "That took quite a while" Nobunaga looked up. "Yes I lost track of time" she smiled and sat beside him. His mouth twitched as his nose caught the scent of flowers. "Did you go into the garden?" he asked tapping his finger gently against the wood.

"Yes you did a wonderful job redecorating" she said closing her eyes and trying to listen for Sakura. "I'm glad it pleases you" he stared at her raising a curious eyebrow. "I have to go soon" Nobunaga said waiting for her reaction. "To quell the people of the Izana clan?" she stayed in the same position barely even moving her lips.

"Yes, Mitsuhide sent word that they were getting agitated. They're valuable pawns it would be a shame to loose them. "It would, wouldn't it. They have some amazing blacksmiths and they have always supplied the Oda with armor" hearing the slightest tap from above.

"I will go with you" she turned to him and her look said she wasn't taking a no. "You should stay here and look after the castle" he said trying his luck anyway. "I wasn't asking. It would be intimidating if we brought an army so the two of us will go alone" she got up and outstretched her hand.

"You are the only one I'd allow to order me around" he grinned slightly. "That's why you're married to me" she winked and helped him up. "I'll inform Hideyoshi" Nobunaga was about to turn but Izanami stopped him. "Don't worry about that, I'll take care of it. Go get ready okay?" She gave his back a pat.

He looked at her studying her small porcelain doll face. "Very well I'll wait for you in the tenshu" he turned the other way and walked down the hall. Izanami watched him leave, "Sakura" she said lowly and Sakura jumped out from the ceiling. "Forgive me my lady, but I fear I was right" he held up a bundle and unwrapped it. A bit of finely grounded powder made a small hill in the cloth.

"Gray mix" Izanami looked pained as she saw the dust that had been created by her own family. "Get rid of it. I need you to stay here and not let anyone know where we went. I have to take care of this once and for all" her brows furrowed together. "Yes my lady" Izanami walked up to the tenshu her feet and shoulders heavy. 'Maybe I should have killed you after all'

"So would you like to tell me what's on your mind?" Nobunaga asked as he rode along side her. Their matching armor glimmered in the moon light. "There is nothing on my mind" she looked at him oddly. "The more something is in your mind the more you act like there's nothing there. If you don't wish to talk about it that's fine" he looked away from her.

Izanami's lips parted ever so slightly as she looked at him. Curling into a smile she nodded, "I do have something on my mind." He looked back at her fully ready to listen. "I missed this, you are the closest thing I have to a family now. It's nice to go out, not to fight a skirmish or a war. It makes me miss my younger days. Although the pain of training was horrendous I still knew not what it was like to take someones life. And then I think that maybe I should have been set ablaze along with my family that night" remembering the raging fire her chest squeezed.

"Never think that. If you were to have died then- I wouldn't have been able to live" he leaned over and grabbed her hand of the reins. "Do you regret it? Meeting me that is" her heart pounded loudly against the cage around it. "I don't regret anything" his tone was proud but his eyes were soft as he looked at her.

She smiled and turned her hand over to grasp his. Raising it up to her lips she kissed his hand. A small blush stroked his cheeks as he felt a tingle on his skin. "Aren't I supposed to do that?" he chuckled as he pulled his horse away so they wouldn't walk into each other.

"I will love you as I please" shooting him a playful glare they smiled and enjoyed their trip. Izanami continued to push the thoughts out of her mind. Although the creeping sense of being watched kept making the hairs on her neck stand.