Cruel World and Selfish Humans

BAEK KYUNG:

He was summoned in a stage where he was waiting for DanOh outside her examination room with more flowers than usual. He mentally cursed the writer's timing. He was having such a good conversation with Mina. Was this stage really necessary to the story? 

When DanOh got out of the doctor's office, she came running into his open arms. 'Aargh!' he lamented in his head, 'Was hugging really necessary for such a useless stage?'

"Baek Kyung, I'm so happy. The doctors said I'm getting better and better. At this rate I'll be fully recovered in no time" she told him excitedly.

"Congratulations on your recovery DanOh" Baek Kyung told her showing her the huge amount of flowers.

"Ahhh" she was taken aback as she looked around happily surprised "What? You knew already? My cardiologist's been telling everyone about my condition again."

"I just wanted to see this smile on your face again" he told her patting her head.

"I love you the most in this world, Baek Kyung" she said.

He smiled satisfied. She smelled some of the flowers "Ahhh. This feels like a dream..."

"How so?" he asked her.

"I'm so happy right now, but I'm scared it'll all disappear."

When the stage was over, Baek Kyung quickly retreated from her and assumed a defensive posture to protect himself from her. DanOh looked at him confused "What?"

He recomposed himself "Just in case you felt like pushing me down while running to Haru again."

A guilty expression appeared on DanOh's face "Baek Kyung...I'm sorry about last time."

"Don't be. I don't care about that stuff anymore" he said turning around and walking away.

DanOh's heart monitor went off loudly, he turned around in time to see her collapse on the floor.

As he sat by her hospital bed looking over her, he was suddenly overcome with a terrifying 'Trumpet Creeper' flashback. It was the death of Eun DanOh. It turned out that the face of the person who stabbed DanOh with the sword wasn't Haru's, but Baek Kyung's. He was the one that had killed her in a fit of rage and betrayal, not Haru. He had inflicted the fatal wound with his sword knowing that Haru couldn't because he loved her more than Baek kyung ever did. He had always been the writer's chosen villain. He'd been playing the same character over and over without even knowing. He couldn't escape the curse of his existence, nor being in love with the same woman again and again and doing despicable things because he was never meant to end up by her side.

Everyone he ever loved died because of him. He was cursed like that. For the first time in his life he was really afraid of himself. He realised he was truly a monster. A monster that killed the woman he loved out of rage. A monster that caused his own mother to die just by existing. A monster that greedily wanted happiness for himself no matter the cost. A monster that could've been happy living a lie. He was repulsed by himself. Wherever he was, he brought grief and misfortune in everyone's lives he came in contact with. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he looked at DanOh. He had hurt her for ten years with his unaware rejections and was just now getting over his guilt after receiving the same treatment from her, why did he have to be burdened with guilt again? Why did he have to kill her in his past life?

Why did that memory feel so real? He looked at his hands. He suddenly saw blood on them. It freaked him out. Baek Kyung ran out of that room in a haze. His head hurt. His eyes became blurry, he couldn't see where he was going. In the hallway, he bumped into Haru who stopped him. "What's wrong?" Haru shook Baek Kyung's shoulders violently "What about DanOh?"