A Study Tag of Between Two Worlds

Start from the beginning

"Gazing into Brenyn's green-gold eyes in the weeks that had followed after, Justus knew that he could never love another as he did her."

9. What's the first line of your novel?

It began with a whisper. 

(I've actually memorized that since day 1.) 

10. What's a line of dialogue you are particularly proud of? 

Good question. 

Okay, this is more than one line, but whatever. 

'Enid, listen to me. I know all those things which thou sayest, for they are indeed true. In thee I have found a comfort that no one else could give because thou understood what they could not. But thou art wrong about one thing. I do not think little of thee at all.' He sighed before continuing. 'All those things—nay, that is not how I wish to phrase this... All the kindness I have shown to thee, it was not merely for my own pleasure. I did not wish to know of thy lineage, thy family, thy culture and heritage mainly because I desired to know more about the people I had been estranged from by my great uncle. Aye, I wanted to know, but that was not the main reason I asked of it. I did not do those things only for myself. I did them for thee! I did them because I know what it is like never to belong, never to have someone who can understand, never to feel wanted, and I wish to be a friend to thee. No human being should ever feel such loneliness and sorrow, least of all thee.' He released my arm. 'I should not hinder thee longer.'

11. Which line from the novel represents the novel as a whole? 

'I am caught between two worlds; there is no place for me in this, and yet I have no choice.'

12. Who are your character face claims?

I don't really have any face claims for anyone except for Lucius because he was based off of the looks of someone I know. (Also stole the name and made it Romanized. My apologies, Luca.) 

And then of course, Ffionn, Ilar, and Brynmor because they were also based off of real people. 

13.  Sort your characters into Harry Potter houses!

Um, not a fan of HP so no thanks. 

14. Which character's name do you like the most? 

Hmm... I mean, I love them all. Brynmor's is probably my favorite because it sounds so Celtic and mystical. 

Lucius would be second because it rolls off the tongue so well. 

15. Describe each character's daily outfit:

What??? Not every character. I have too many in this. 

Enid/Marcella: 

Simple slave tunic that goes to the knee and leather sandals for the feet. Except for as a British girl and then a freed woman. 

Lucius: 

Simple tunic that goes to the knee and sandals. Occasionally a cloak for colder weather. I'm not describing the armor right now. XD

16. Do any characters have any distinctive birthmarks/scars?

Lucius has a twisted leg at one point, if that counts. Also imagined a slight scar on his temple, but it never really made it into the novel. XD