A Leap of Faith

Vote/Like/Comment enjoy!

"Donnie..." Bria starts, looking up at him.  "It's been 5 years since I've been in a relationship and as much as I want to say 'yes' I just don't know if I'm ready.  I don't want to put all my weight on you, and you don't deserve that." She admits truthfully.

Adonis takes a step back, nodding knowing how emotionally wounded she was before looking down at his hands trying to come up with a response.  "I understand... and the crazy thing is, is that we've known each other for almost a year now and I kinda knew that your response would be the same when I asked you out earlier.  I just wanted you to know that my feelings for you haven't changed."

Bria nods, nervously rubbing her arm and walks up to him to cup his cheeks in her hands. She peers into his eyes feeling sorry that she hurt his feelings.  "I'm working on myself okay? Trust me I want this just as much as you do, but if I don't work on myself then our relationship will just be another statistic.  You'll know when I'm ready." She says looking into his eyes. He then tilts his head down to kiss her softly on her lips. 

As the two pull away, Adonis half smiles placing his hands on her hips lifting her shirt up and bends down to kiss her stomach. 

"You're not alone in this," He says looking up at her.  "I've got you, I've got us." He reassures her. 

Her eyes water from his outpouring of love that he already had for his unborn child.  She sniffles, nodding before placing her hands on his shoulders watching him stand back up. 

"Are you staying the night?" Bria asks him.

"I thought that was already implied." Adonis chuckles watching her roll her eyes.

"Oh my god." Bria mumbles shaking her head, chuckling at her last comment.
•••

3 1/2 WEEKS LATER

As Bria laid against the examination table in her doctors office, she held onto Adonis' hand tightly as the two waited anxiously for the results of their ultrasound.  She smiles at the sound of the fetus' heartbeat, and watches as the doctor moves the small device around her stomach while looking up at the monitor.  The image of a fetus appeared on the screen, she was indeed pregnant.

"Well look at that little thing right there," The doctor says with a smile on his face.

Adonis watches in admiration of the being that they've created and looks over towards Bria who was smiling from ear to ear. 

"It appears that you are eight and a half weeks pregnant." Dr. Samuels says with a smile on her face.  "Everything seems fine, your baby is a small little thing right now, about the size of a raspberry." The doctor chuckles, and continues. "But nevertheless he or she is a healthy baby based on the sound of that heart beat."

"Wow." Adonis says, still speechless and covers his mouth in awe. 

"I'm going to leave you two alone and print off your first ultrasound photo and get you two in to schedule your next appointment." The doctor says with a smile before leaving the two on their own once again.

After the door closes, Bria slowly sits up wiping underneath her eyes with her knuckles.  She pulls her shirt down and wiggles her legs around nervously.  She breathes out slowly, taking in everything that transpired before her and looks at Adonis with a smile.

"What's going on through your mind right now?" Adonis asks, getting up to look at her.

"I know we're not officially together but I want to have this baby with you." Bria says, reaching out for his hands to hold.  "I'm sorry that this isn't an orthodox relationship, but I couldn't imagine anyone else being the father of my kids.  You've shown that you cared about me even when I don't deserve it.  You're selfless and in that I owe you everything.  You're my best friend but if we do this I'm going to need you to be 100% with me.  I can't do this alone."