Just Gym Guys Being Dudes

Start from the beginning

A massive wave splashed up after them, crashing with the lane floaters and sloshing onto the tiles at Lee's feet. Lee scrambled back, taking Milo's backpack with him and staring in horror at the lifeguard who threw his arms up at them. One of the swimmers in the nearby lane snapped their goggles up to watch as Milo and Simon resurfaced, sputtering curses at one another until Simon dunked Milo under again. Bubbles splattered up after him.

Lee waved to the lifeguard guy with a guilty grimace, saying, "Sorry! Sorry about this!"

"Just get out of the pool, guys!" the lifeguard shouted, blowing the whistle again.

Simon reached down and pulled Milo up by the collar of his shirt. Milo tossed his head back, black hair flinging a spray of water around as he shook it out into spikes. He pushed his hair back with a gasp, sputtering up water and coughing as Simon thrust him into the edge of the pool with a nudge to get him going. Milo rolled onto the tiles, cursing and pushing himself up onto one elbow. He looked back at Simon, who braced two hands on the ledge and heaved himself up in one fluid motion.

Their clothes were absolutely sopping wet as Simon slapped his hand onto Milo's back and waved to Lee. "Hey man," he said. Lee recalled the last time they had seriously seen each other. He recalled the fact that he had Milo's cum all over his hand when he bro-hugged Simon.

Heat flushed to his cheeks as he stammered out, "H-Hey dude, what's... goin' on?"

"Just kicking a little freshmen ass," Simon said, flicking his middle finger at Milo on his way to the locker room. Simon shook his head, laughing as Milo stuck his tongue out at Simon's back.

Milo's shirt was now sticking to him like a second skin and it would have been fine if Milo didn't have rippling abs. Lee swallowed hard and turned away as Milo plucked at his shirt in a feeble attempt to dry it off. He lumbered towards the exit, sneakers squeaking and squishing up a storm as he said, "Let's get out of here before the lifeguard wrings my neck."

"Yeah, agreed," Lee said, glancing over at his shoulder where the lifeguard was now out of his stand and staring them down from across the pool. The look on the man's face said, "I fucking dare you to run in the pool room. I dare you to do it. I want you to do it. I want you to do it so I can snipe you from over here, I swear to God."

Soon, they were out of the gym after leaving a trail of pool water through the lobby. Milo walked unabashedly over the carpet, not a care in the world, holding his backpack by the top handle with one hand and Lee's hand with the other.

"You know, I've been thinking about what we'll do over break," Milo said.

"Same here. Mostly about founding our own nudist colony but the only two citizens are you and me and the territory is just Roland's bedroom," Lee said.

Milo threw his hand up, emulating an explosion from his skull that had Lee laughing. "You read my fucking mind," he said.

"Oh really?"

"Yes really. And as the first order of our colony amendment, we have to go on a date," Milo said. A laugh bubbled out of Lee because it sounded so ridiculous, but then when he looked, Milo was watching him expectantly, smiling like always.

Lee cleared his throat and said, "Oh, you're serious."

"Yeah. I want to take you out. For real."

Milo's hand returned to Lee's. Lee clasped onto it out of habit, and when he did, he squeezed hard and gave Milo a firm nod. "Y-Yeah. Yeah, that sounds good," he said, watching with wide eyes as Milo leant forward and kissed his cheek. His skin was still damp from the pool, and he smelled like chlorine now. His hair was swept back, his hairline straight and broad across his forehead. Lee wanted to rub his thumb across it, so he did.

Milo's smile faltered. His wide, curious eyes searched Lee's face. Lee's eyes returned to Milo's after a moment, and he realized that they had stopped walking altogether in the middle of the bridge to Manley Hall. USFC was divided by a channel of the York River and over it, they could see the stretch of campus buildings down for several blocks. Their long, narrow windows and elegant architecture made it feel like they were in Europe instead of just simply the West Coast.

Lee dropped his hand and said, "Sorry. I got distracted."

"Am I distracting?" Milo asked with a grin.

Lee looked back at him with a sneer and said, "Yeah, 'cause of how butt-ugly you are."

Milo shoved him and said, "Piss off! I can't believe you!"

Lee laughed and scurried ahead, but Milo wouldn't let go of his hand. He turned around and said, "Yeah, 'cause your egotistical, narcissistic ass is too big to see it."

Milo went for his hair. Lee shrieked, laughing as Milo tried to wrangle him into a headlock. He probably could have, too, if Lee didn't play dirty. He went for Milo's crotch and grabbed it without a second thought. Long ago he came to the conclusion that, if he ever got into a fight, he'd go for the dick first.

Milo swore and dropped him. Lee elbowed him in the gut before making his escape, laughing all the way across the bridge. Behind him, he heard Milo cry, "No fair!" before booking it after Lee. Lee cursed and pumped his legs harder, faster, until Milo took him out from behind and sent them sprawling into the grass just beyond the bridge.

As if Lee could ever beat a USFC running back, anyway.