"Is your nose alright?" The boy asked, concern flashing in his blue gaze, and Sophie's breath caught in her throat as she felt his warm hand curl around her shoulder.

The beautiful boy's hair was like nothing Sophie had seen before. The boy's hair was a shocking white compared to the murky black waters of Evil's moat. Part of Sophie wanted to run her fingers through his hair to see how soft it was.

"Oh...it's fine, thank you!" Sophie stammered, feeling a blush color her cheeks in embarrassment when she realized she'd been gaping like an idiot.

The boy only smiled and took her hand in his own to kiss it like he was her Prince Charming.

"Well, I'm very glad it's alright," he said straightening. His voice was strong and smooth and every word he spoke seemed to flow from his mouth with sickening ease. He gave her a flirtatious wink that almost made Sophie melt into a puddle on the spot. "What's your name, if I may ask?"

Sophie ducked her head to hide her burning face and wished she'd at least run into this stunning boy when she wasn't in such filthy attire. But maybe this boy was into filthy looking girls?

If that was the case, Sophie was glad to say she was the filthiest girl here! And not only was this boy extremely handsome, but very gentlemanly as well.

"Sophie," Sophie said, attempting to curtsy but failing no thanks to her missing high Heel. "Sophie of...Gavaldon."

A look of surprise crossed over the boy's features and for a fleeting moment Sophie feared she'd said something wrong. She watched as the boy seemed to internally fight a battle within him, his expression contorting in frustration before he mumbled something under his breath.

Sophie barely made out what he mumbled to himself but she caught the words, "Reader," and "Foolish brother."

Sophie only guessed her introduction had gotten off on the wrong hand, and she jumped to correct herself. "I'd be Princess Sophie if it weren't for that blasted school master who kidnapped me," She backtracked, wanting to keep this boy's attention on her. "I was meant to be in the School for good, but he dumped me here instead! Did he dump you here too? You don't look like a villain. If only we knew what went through that masked man's head to figure out why he'd think of dumping kids in the wrong schools!"

The boy looked uncomfortable now, looking around like he was looking for something. His fists curled in anger and he squinted his eyes at the overcast sky. When he looked back at her, he forced a smile at her like he'd known she'd seen him getting distracted.

"I wish I knew what went through his head too," the boy told her, seeming to get heated. Than, he turned at the sound of the evil children beginning to rush into the school in eagerness. "Well, Sophie. I hate to cut this conversation short but I hate to say that I've gotta fly...just don't run into any more 'walls' while I'm gone."

Before Sophie could react or even ask what his name was, the mysterious boy had darted away into the shadows, disappearing from her view. She stared at the empty spot he'd once stood, struggling to hold back the tears that threatened to fall.

Suddenly, the infuriating voice belonging to that scrawny boy was back, this time closer than ever before. "Hey! You're pretty—" the boy (Hort, was it?) hollered, and a bony hand swiped at her messy hair.

Sophie couldn't contain her scream as she recoiled from the smelly Hort, backing away like he were a disease. Her cry attracted the attention of some wolves and students who snickered at her like she was a joke.

"Help!" Sophie panicked. She spun to the uniformed wolves in desperation while also continuing to back away from Hort who was drawing closer and closer. "I'm in the wrong school! I don't belong here!"

But nobody moved to help her as Sophie struggled to defend herself from Hort's advances. That's when a pair of hairy arms—or rather paws—grabbed Sophie from behind and uniformed wolves shoved Sophie into the crowd of evil children.

Sophie was given no choice but to walk with the herd of kids into the ominous looking castle that smelled terribly and had so much black in it she feared she'd go blind.

It was only when Sophie was given her books on witchcraft and Making Boys Hate you, that she became increasingly perturbed.

It wasn't the fact that she'd been dumped into the wrong school, or that her appearance was in shambles and that she was missing all her precious cucumbers that made Sophie so unsettled, nor was it the fact that her sinuses were being invaded by the repulsive smell of mildew.

Sophie was so unsettled because of the interaction she'd had with that handsome boy back outside. She didn't know him, yet he had seemed to know what she was thinking.

He had told her not to run into anymore "walls" after all, and the thing was Sophie had never mentioned or brought up a wall in their conversation.

So how had he known she thought she'd run into a wall?

—————————-
Sorry I haven't updated in a bit. But here's a bonus chapter. It's kinda rushed but if you guys have any recommendations for SGE ships and scenarios you want me to write about, feel free to leave a comment in the comment section to let me know.

I'm almost done with the next chapter of His Darkened Heart so I should post that soon. In the meantime, comment and vote! Thanks for reading!

—Alexis Peters ❤️