xlii. cute tricksters

➵

FINGERS FIDDLED AND TONGUES TWIDDLED. There was suddenly a nervous smart in the air that intoxicated the two teenagers though neither said a word about it to one another; they just knew whatever was happening outside, whatever was happening in the verisimilitude of the trapped area that they were in right now...it wasn't right. Something was oh so very wrong and that made Claudia sink deeper into her own pit of worries and somehow that trembled every inch of her skin like an overdose.

"W-We're getting out of this alive, right?"

There was no need to even look at the Golden boy.

"If I don't, you're the only dipshit that can have my denim jacket," His voice entered scruffiness yet a small a gentle humourous and softness to it, curls fell onto his face and Billy couldn't be bothered to move them out from his face.

It was everything Claudia hadn't asked for at that point in her life. It was endearment, yes, but only added sting to the stab.

So she trembled more, maybe even shed a tear here and there, "Please, B-Billy, we both have to live," And finally the Runaway turned to her left to look at the decaying - yet surprisingly still alive - blonde-haired teenager. His dull blue orbs proceeded to look right back at her, "I'll never forgive myself if you don't. P-Please, just shake hands on this a-and I'll shut up, I'll shut the fuck up." A voice that sounded far too broken to even be there, she just...the cracks in her voice and dry throat that clogged down all the happiness she once portrayed, it hurt, it really did.

Billy tried to ignore how miserably different the delicate girl sounded like when he sighed heavily, "Okay, Jesus Christ- I promise we'll get out of this alive," He grumbled when he flickered his vision countlessly from her face to the pinky that she held up high. 

Fuck.

Billy couldn't even look at her face; so so abandoned and used. 

But what he did do was move his own smallest digit up to hers and locked the two pinkies together, a pinky promise, something neither of the two had done in some time of their existence.

━━━

It was no use.

He was fucked.

Two down, he was still left standing. They were just trying to hide Eleven because they knew the Mind Flayer wanted her. So he and Max tried to run off with her, but being no use because the possessed boy of Billy found them. He was quick to take out both of the two girls. The boy's heart thumped and sweat rolled off his skin like he had just stepped out of a nice and warm shower, like an innocent story behind the fucked up life he lived and it was sad enough to say that Mike Wheeler was used to it. And even though his brain about a thousand thoughts, struggling to keep up with time as it flew faster, the brunette didn't have enough time to think - he never did - and it was understandable to say that he had bigger problems ahead of him.