x. bleeding knuckles

➵

A JOLT OF SHOCK AWOKEN Claudia as her hazel eyes shot wide open, jumping up from the odd physical impact of being shaken side to side when her hands grasped the bedsheets. Because on top of her, she'd seen the outline of a familiar girl's figure hold gently yet tightly on her shoulders, chanting her name out of her dark mouth.

Claudia remembered Steve driving her home after the late stay at Scoops Ahoy. But she didn't recall falling asleep.

Blinking a couple of times to fully bring herself from unconsciousness, Claudia lifted her head up a bit, "Eleven, it's late- it's midnight, what's wrong?" She squeaked quietly when the brunette girl touched her index finger up to her lips before she did the same thing to herself, which made Claudia frown more because, in all honesty, her brain was still waking up and trying it's best to function all the while it spun and spun. And trying to understand what Eleven was saying made it seem like it was a blur.

Turning her head to the right, exactly where their closed bedroom door stood, the telekinesis girl let out a shaky breath, "S-Someone's outside," Her voice was so fragile like she was only just using the tips of her vocal cords because too much noise was far too dangerous in a situation like this, "they keep banging on door."

Nothing had happened from what Claudia had heard yet, but she couldn't stop the way shivers crawled down her spine like spiders, and her neck stiffened like a knife stabbed itself right at the back of it. So nodding her head slowly, she sat herself up to be in exact eye-contact with Eleven, "Want me to go check it out?" Of course, Claudia was going to investigate it, but it was much more like an assuring question because, at a scary time like this, assurance and courage were quite good mentors.

"I'll come with you," The other girl whispered back, tucking a loose strand of hair that once fell in front of her buzzing face and it was too dark to vividly observe anything, but the presence of a soft ghost smile edging on her face could be felt in the air. And Claudia could only be satisfied by her answer.

So that's what they did.

Eleven's right-hand interlocking with the brunette's as she took hold of the metal doorknob alarmingly. And so before Claudia could twist it to push it open, she exchanged one last glance at Eleven's precious teddy bear brown eyes, sharply inhaling when the soft click of the door echoed throughout the silent house. Claudia remembered Eleven telling her that Hopper wasn't going to be coming home because of 'chief duties' which either of the two had zero knowledge of, so they just shrugged it off in the hopes that maybe in the morning, he'll come back.

Steps creaked the floorboards, hearts beat faster than anything else in this whole god damn world as hitched breaths overstimulated their fear that someone was actually out to get them, and Claudia definitely knew by now that it was Hopper. Because the knocking that started to boom and thumps just as they walked out of their bedrooms was entirely different to the rhythm the two teenage girls were taught to learn and listen to, and also the fact that if it was Jim, he would've said that it was him at the door.