xii. tainted love

➵

OKAY, MAYBE CLAUDIA WAS LYING in the part that she completely understood Eleven when she said how she pitied Mike Wheeler. In fact, Claudia was dreading the feeling of a burn inside her stomach that shouted at her to go punch a wall, and her knuckles were starting to ache just as much as her hip. So honestly, the Runaway really hadn't been feeling the best and she really wasn't happy with Eleven. Even though, right now, that short-haired brunette girl was in the same room with her, humming along to Soft Cell that blared through her hot pink boombox. All the while Claudia sat down and shuffled around the brown box, all abandoned things that once owned to her when Claudia was still living at her old house.

It just- it didn't seem right, didn't it? Jane Hopper really wasted time that could've been preciously spent between Mike Wheeler and Claudia Parker to work things out, rather than making her feel like shit and decide to agree in the relationship. It's like the same energy that flew around when you don't give enough freshwater to a flower and it starts to fadeaway, do you choose to change your wrong choices and start watering it, or make the situation worse and have the flower dehydrate?

She didn't know how Robin would react when she'd tell the older girl that there wasn't anything Russian in her box of old belongings. So, throwing her hands up in the air, a loud huff left her lips and she laid down on the wooden floorboards with heavy bags under her eyes weighing out the power to even try and keep her hazel eyes visibly anymore, "This is shit, life is shit, I am shit," Profanity pierced through the bedroom as Claudia whined loudly and Eleven decided to lift her head up from the latest Seventeen magazine, slight confusion washing on her face when she gazed down at a frustrated Claudia. Although the 11am sun grinned at the room and so her eyes could see the autumn orange that her eyelids presented, "Eleven, whatever you do: don't run away."

"Been there, done that," A small monotoned chuckled left Eleven's mouth as her attention drew back to the soft magazine pages as she laid on her stomach on her bed, feet up in the air as they swayed together. And truly, even if Eleven wasn't gone for longer than Claudia, the two were still necessarily labelled as Runaways. But then again, they weren't that eager to be doing it anytime soon. It was only until the girl reached the last page of the magazine did she fling it to the side of her and exhale, "can we please do something fun? I'm bored."

Claudia was still lying on the ground, completely giving up on the box that she investigated only three times now, pathetically turning her head to the side so she was able to look at Eleven, "Why don't you do something with like...Max? or Will," She suggested with a slur, only to then squint and turn her head back so she was now staring directly up at the roof, "it's nearly midday and I wanna relax. Plus, these pyjamas are comfortable. At least you don't have to scoop ice cream up for people daily."

Now it was Eleven's turn to whine as she pushed herself clumsily off the bed, slightly tripping over her own feet from how compacted she was in that position, then moving over to Claudia's horizontally reclined body, "Please...pretty please! Cabin fever sucks and I never get to hang out with you," Eleven begged as she grasped onto Claudia's floppy hands and pulled them up, groaning when she saw that Claudia really wasn't going to be sitting up anytime soon.

Claudia shook her head quickly, "Nope, and that's final. I want to sleep and eat something that isn't Skittles, okay?"

━━━

"Sometimes I feel I've got to...run away. I've got to...get away-" The girls sang in unison as they jumped around in the house, the absence of Hopper being a gift to this world as they danced and sang together. Holding onto their hairbrushes as microphones while they wore clothes that screamed out the 80's, giggles unable to be contained when the music jumped off the walls in the room.

They were still in their pyjamas at moreover midday, and they didn't leave the house. But, the most important thing was that even if the two girls had no idea what was ahead of them; they were having fun.

Eleven always liked Claudia's taste of 80's music that varied between Queen and Madonna, maybe not knowing the lyrics as clearly and vibrantly as the Runaway, but she bopped her head to the beat just as perfectly. She was just having too much of a good time as she danced around and jumped up and down on the couch with laughs vibrating off her rose pink coloured lips when she tilted her head back, crimped hair bouncing off her shoulders. All the while, the other girl was swaying her hips side to side along to the music with her hair more crimped and longer than Eleven's, red lipstick on her lips and blue eyeshadow that dazzled in the shining sun. Claudia was using more hand movements to dance with her hair catching up slowly to the number of spins that Claudia did.

Because it really didn't care, they were having fun.

Now colliding together, Eleven and Claudia danced together sloppily yet still in a very much hyper way, finishing up Tainted Love as it came to a slow ending. Arms draped over their shoulders, the two girls then collapsed to the ground to the last note of the song.

Yeah, maybe Claudia wouldn't admit it, but there was never a dull moment with Eleven. And Eleven thought entirely the same about Claudia. Because even though, yes, Claudia still felt hurt in some way that she was with Mike, that didn't stop her appreciation and love towards the other girl.

/////

tainted love is a fucking bop

yee yee

love some happy chapters before hell begins :)

oop-

sorry :(

okie bye love u x

- indiana