The visit

RPOV
Over the two months since we arrived home Vika and Paul had come and gone for Easter break, Mom had called (multiple times, and always woke me up in the process), Dad frequently visited, and I was learning the ropes of being a Belikova 'housewife'.

Dimitri was still reluctant to let me out of his arms, and I never complained. I didn't really want to be let out after never being allowed in them until we'd fled.

I was still dealing with crappy morning sickness every morning, but Dimitri was always beside me, always a constant source of support. Karo was also around with kind words of support and amusing anecdotes about her experiences with Paul and Zoya. Even Sonya was surprisingly supportive given she was heavily pregnant, and hormonal, herself.
Mama would come up with some link between a meal she was teaching me how to cook and a memory of one of her kids. Dimitri came up more often than not and every time it resulted in a "don't listen to her, Roza. She's incorrigible," groaned softly into my ear. My response? Shutting him up with a kiss and a "she has every right to be. You know we'll be doing it with Bubby."

The biggest event, or moment, was when Dimitri proposed. He dropped to one knee at breakfast after Mom's first call. I accepted through tears. Stupid hormones! That and the man was still clueless about what effect he had on me.

My mother arrived exactly a month after her first call. And I hated she was disrupting the sanctuary that was the Belikova household. She walked right into one of the moments I was shutting my man up with a kiss which so wasn't G-Rated. How we weren't told off more by Mama I'll never know. "You are still clueless, fiancé," I whispered against his lips.
It only earned me a "speak for yourself, Mommy!" softly laughed against my lips. Any comeback was cutoff by another steamy kiss.
"Guys! G-Rated please!" Mama laughed. When we eventually pulled out of the kiss- but not the other's embrace- we saw Mom looking at us. Well. 'Scowling' is probably the more accurate adjective.
"Sorry Mama," Dimitri and I pouted at Olena.
"Forgiven. Dimka, I still don't get why ever thought a life without love was worth living." Mama sighed and shook her head while Dimitri carefully pulled me even closer to him.
"I don't get it either, Mama, I don't get it either." Dimitri was staring at me adoringly while answering Mama.
"Mmm. I love you, you know? Always have-" I got cut off again with a peck to my lips.
"I love you too, my love. You have no clue how much you've changed my life."
"Speak for yourself, Comrade!" Oh that did it.
The kiss I got out of that had my mother interrupting with a "get a room, Rosemarie! That's hurl worthy."
I shrank into Dimitri in shock at her loud voice and the unpleasant tone of her voice. "Hi Mom. Feeling the love," I mumbled out sarcastically after I'd swivelled in Dimitri's arms. Mom's expression when she saw my slightly bloated abdomen had me in hysterics. "I told you I was pregnant, Mom, so don't look so surprised."
"Rosemarie! It only just started sinking in," she retorted.
"I'm the eleven weeks pregnant one here, and I still can't wrap my head around it."
"You can talk, Roza!" Dimitri playfully teased, then proceeded to kiss my cheek.
"Sorry, Daddy," I melted, turned sheepish and blushed. Yes, the Dimitri Belikov can make the Rose Hathaway blush. "You really are still totally clueless, though. Do you really still have no idea what you do to me, man?" I sighed as I leaned back into his chest.
"Speak for yourself, my woman," he whispered into my ear. His tone and the sensation made me shiver.
"Does the world not exist?" Mom interrupted.
"It never does with those two, Janine. I really have to wonder how he trained her at all, they've been glued to each other like that from the day they arrived," Mama responded before we could.
"We're right here, Mama!" we butted in.
"You know it's true. You're inseparable!" Mama playfully retorted. "And seriously, Dimka, how did you ever keep your face straight long enough to train her?"
"You don't want to know, Mama. A lot of mental self chastising. Not even that worked."
"You knew all along I'd get you!" I teased. "You knew all along your control wasn't as strong as my stubbornness." I reached up and placed a kiss on his cheek.
"Roza!" he groaned dramatically. "Don't remind me, don't remind me you were always right."
"Ah well. Things happened as they should have," I sighed. "We've been through this. I had lessons to learn."
"Doesn't mean I had to hurt you in the process."
"Again, we've been through this. I had to learn I had to put you first, even if it meant handing you over to Tasha."
"Were you really ever happy with Mase or Adrian?"
"No. How on earth was I meant to be happy with someone who can't see into my soul, and doesn't force me open?"
"Because it's easier?"
"Not worth it. Promise. I prefer being scared shitless and having my sanity saved with one word."
"You're right. It's not worth it."
"So not worth it," I shook my head as I reached up so our noses were touching. I pulled us into a kiss after one more, "so not worth it," from both of us.