Linkin Park - Living Things

I haven't posted anything on here yet, so I thought it would be cool to do some album reviews. Right now I want to review Linkin Park's 2012 album, Living Things. I wasn't too excited for this album when it was released, because I had heard parts of their two albums previous to this. I only liked their first two albums. I year later I listened to this though and really got into it. It combines their nu metal music with what they've experimented with other Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns. Sure it's not "original" Linkin Park, but it's a very solid album. It opens with Lost in the Echo, Mike Shinoda with some of his best verses yet, and they really showed their roots in this song. Of course there's the one that most people know, Burn It Down, with great lyrics, and although it's never been an absolute favorite of mine, it's still makes a good choice for a single. My favorite song off of Living Things is probably Lies Greed Misery, with great verses, vicious vocals, and just the overall feel of the song is very raw and loud. There are, however, those songs on the album that slow things down, such as Castle of Glass. It really changes the mood of the album, and has great lyrics. Of course there are also the great songs In My Remains, Roads Untraveled, and especially, Powerless. Powerless is an amazing song because of the way it ends the album. It has this strange background noise going throughout the whole song and it kind of adds a mystery to the album, as if it's a continuation and the song is just broken off. Yeah, it's a solid album. I recommend it to just about everyone, because it's a very diverse album. Feel free to leave suggestions for albums I should review, because I really love doing this stuff. I give Living Things a 5/5.