au: soulmates

Hey all! Some of you may know this AU from my old book, From the Stars, which I recently decided to unpublish. Having a book about my own ship made me feel as if I was acting pretentious or something. I know it's something a lot of real-life authors do (like releasing novellas) but its very existence made me uncomfortable.

I wanted to re-publish it here because I know it was pretty popular, so here we are!

Enjoy this AU I wrote during holiday in Canada in 2016. I also changed a few details, but nothing huge was renovated.

EDIT 10 JULY 2020: Bellamy has not been recast as Peter Gadiot for this AU yet. I am working on it, but it requires an almost complete rewrite for some parts, so it will take longer.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

WARNINGS: Some swearing, mentions of parental deaths (specifically in robberies and hit-and-runs), underage alcohol use, and a few innuendos, but no overtly sexual content. 

Just saying, this is lonnggg. You may want to get comfy before you read this nearly 10k word au.

 You may want to get comfy before you read this nearly 10k word au

𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒

𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒. 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄, 𝐓𝐎𝐎.

Fallon had always thought the idea of having a soulmate was purely fictional. Sure, she could have that one person she loved more than anyone else, but could there really be another half to her own soul? Thinking about it boggled her young mind until she got headaches that bloomed just behind her eyelids.

But even so, she was curious back then. She'd write her homework on the back of her left hand just to see if something would happen. It was dumb stuff that she didn't even need to write down, like "addition paper" and "spelling test."