SCENE ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

     BEFORE THEY KNEW IT, THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER HAD ARRIVED ON THEIR DOORSTEP. Nod and Oren were in the kitchen, waiting for Arty to come down the stairs so that the three can enjoy breakfast before dropping her off at King's Cross Station.

Oren looked up from the paper that he has been reading, "Will you stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"That," he eyed Nod's feet, "You've been pacing back and forth for Merlin knows how long."

Nod threw his hands up, "Can you blame me? Not only is she running late, but she's going to be gone until Christmas break!"

"Well," Oren placed the paper down on the counter and reached for his cup of coffee, "That's only if she decides to leave."

Nod glared at him, "You aren't helping!"

Oren shrugged, "I'm just saying. That Wizarding School is a second home to her, in a sense. You worry too much."

"I was right years ago, wasn't I?"

Oren couldn't deny that. Most times, he didn't get frazzled. That was, as he liked to point out, Nod's job. Nothing, though, would ever prepare him for the scene of someone showing up at their doorstep, announcing that their eleven-year-old daughter was a witch. Thinking that it was a joke or an insult, he was ready to kick her out until Nod stopped him and let her in.

"Arty," Nod hollered again, "Hurry up!"

"One minute," Arty called back, still in the process of getting ready.

Nod gave Oren a look.

"What did I do?!"

"She gets that from you, you know."

"No, she doesn't. Take that back!"

Arty shook her head as he could hear their bickering, even from her bedroom.

"Dads," she murmured as she grabbed her wand and bounded down the stairs.

"I'm here," she said, stopping the pair from dragging it out.

Oren turned to her and smiled, "Good. Now, dig in before I steal your pancakes!"