Fifteen

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

"Hold this."

"And this, please."

"Now you've done it, ladies. The poor girl doesn't look like she can hold anymore." Draver scooped up the bags that Lorena and Iris gave to the bellgirl whose named tag read Quinn.

I clutched tighter to the strap on my backpack, keeping a fair distance from the god-like creatures that called themselves Lycans.

I snorted.

Lycans? More like liars.

Castor and Stark came back to the center of the lobby where we were all seated on the luxurious sofas.

"Got our keycards?" Alric asked impatiently, bouncing his foot up and down. "I need to get out of these clothes and fast. Airport clothes don't exactly fit me."

I thought back to the flight in which all out our clothes

We had just barely landed in the airport. I found out another one of Iris' affinities- intelligence. After breaking down the bare code of the plane's main functions, she was able to switch to autopilot landing. Unfortunately her skill required a lot of time to actually perform the task. There was no super-speed reading. She had to carefully comb through the code that we accessed thanks to Castor's hacking, something that wasn't any affinity for once. After landing, Lorena and Iris had spoken to the airport officials who, surprise, surprise, were werewolves. We had gotten new clothes after that to replace the bloodied ones so as to not scare the mundanes.

It was starting to hit me just exactly how many connections that Lorena and Iris had. I knew Lycans were powerful in terms of physical levels, but to know that they were socially and economically wealthy was something unexpected. Maybe mundanes didn't sense it- the extreme sense of power that practically oozed out of a Lycan.

"Katya." Stark said low, extending a gold keycard out to me. "Here."

"Do we have the same room?" I jumped, desperate to fix the problem now before all the rooms were booked.

He merely pressed the elevator's button, sighing softly as we waited for it to arrive. The awkward tim in between was filled with a tense silence. I was grateful the moment that the elevator came down and we all stood up, making our way to the short distance from the elevator itself. 

I was in my own corner, watching the glowing roman numeral numbers as they creeped up the seventh floor. For some reason my eyes fell to Castor, who seemed more than relaxed to in Spain. There was one thing I noticed was off though.

His jaw looked...out of place. Like he set it back after a sharp uppercut.

I didn't question it any further, making my way out last with the keycard suffocating in my clammy palms.

I was back to square one, being nervous and tense around them. Cautious was a right word to label my actions around such powerful beings. I couldn't afford to let my guard down around them. Not after they lied.

I felt a finger hook onto my shirt collar, pulling me back gently. I scowled and turned around, facing a no-expressioned Stark.

"Room 742." he muttered, swiping the keycard from my hand to hold it up for me to see the number pressed in bronze. 

I snatched it from him as he opened the door with his own keycard.

Great. We had the same room.

But then I noticed the door.

"Conjoining rooms?" I breathed, looking back at him as he leaned against the doorframe- something I was assuming that he liked to do often.

"Yes. I still need to keep an eye on you because-"