Shiro was fuming now. "Then find some other way to talk to them. You have 5 seconds to give me the phone.

1..."

"2..."

"Shiro...please." I pleaded, hoping desperately that he would relent.

"3..."

I sighed in defeat. I took my phone out of my pocket and shoved it towards him.

I stormed up the stairs and slammed my bedroom door. I collapsed on the bed, tears threatening to fall.

But why?

I knew I liked Lance, but I didn't think that it would affect me this much to not be able to talk to him.

I went over to my desk. I regretting not asking for a skype or something. At least we would have been able to talk to him.

I watched as a few tears fell onto my computer. I sighed and pulled up Skype. I sent a quick message to Romelle.

Samurai_23: hey romelle. dont text me. shiro took my phone and i cant get it back until i "get my grades up"
PrincessRomy: alright. hope u get ur phone back soon :)
Samurai_23: thanks. i'll talk to u later

After a little while, there was a quiet knock on the door.

"Keith? Can I come in?"

Adam.

"Yeah sure."

I closed the tab, and spun around to face the door. Adam walked in and shut the door behind him.

"Takashi told me about the argument earlier...how are you?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine. Just perfect."

I stood up and flopped face first onto my bed. Adam sat on the edge of the bed.

"Takashi is just worried about you."

I sighed and rolled over to face him. "Yeah, but he didn't have to take away my phone."

Adam hesitated. "He only took it because you seem to always be on the phone. It was a distaction. Also, we know you haven't been going to sleep until late. We hear you laughing at all hours."

I mentally face palmed. I should've known better. "Doesn't mean I was on my phone...insomnia is a thing."

Adam raised an eyebrow. "Fine. I was talking to...a friend."

Adam folded his arms. "'A friend', huh? Does this 'friend' have a name?"

"Lance."

He nodded. "Lance. And why are you up at 1 in the morning talking to Lance?"

I shrugged. "Because he's my friend and I enjoy talking to him."

Adam nodded, but I could tell he didn't believe me. I sighed.

"Fine. I like him. I like him a lot. His eyes, his hair, his freckles, his smile, the way his tongue sticks out slightly when he giggles. The way he throws his head back when he laughs at something he finds really funny. But I don't just like the way he looks. He's caring, funny, ambitious, strong, passionate, reliable, sincere, and just amazing, and he's such a goofball. He's just-" I caught myself rambling. I put my head down, slightly embarrassed. When I glanced back up, Adam had a small smile.

"What?"

He chuckled slightly. "So, is that why you were so upset when Takashi took your phone?"

I nodded.

"Well...couldn't you talk to Lance in school...or some way that doesn't require a phone? Couldn't you invite him over for dinner? I'd love to meet him."

I shook my head. "I wish I could meet him too." I said, without thinking.

"What do you mean by that?"

I bit my lip. I didn't want to tell Adam, he would tell Shiro. Although, Adam would know I was lying. I sighed.

"Promise not to tell Shiro?"

He nodded. "You have my word."

"He lives in California. We met on Instagram about 6 months ago."

I held my breath, waiting for his reaction. He just smiled again.

"Alright. I promise I won't tell Takashi. But if ever need to talk Keith, I'm here. Also...I'll see if I can get your phone back to you."

I smiled. "Thanks Adam."

He nodded, and left my room. I sighed. It felt good to tell someone about Lance other than Romelle. Not even 2 seconds after Adam left there was another knock at my door.

"Come in."

Acxa walked in, and flopped down onto the bed next to me.

"So...you're gay huh?"

My mouth fell open. "What?"

Her eyes hid a mischievous glint.

"I was standing outside the door the entire time."

It took me a moment to process what she hd said.

"Just, promise me you won't tell Shiro I met him online."

She nodded. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me."

I smiled. "Thanks."

She propped herself up on her elbows and looked to me. "So, tell me about this Lance."

"Well...he's from California. He's got brown hair and freckles. We talk everyday whenever we can. Of course...I can't now because Shiro took my phone."

"I'm sorry. I...get how that feels."

I raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

She bit her lip. "So...I may or may not have a girlfriend and she may or may not live in California."

I laughed. "No way, really?"

She nodded. I smiled and hugged her. "I'm so happy for you! You need to tell me more about her."

"Well, she's from California, she's a year older than us, and we've known each other for about a year. We started dating last month. Her name's Veronica. She's part of this huge family, and has so many siblings! Her youngest sibling is 10, she has siblings our age who are twins as well, and she has a few older siblings."

I smiled. It was nice to see her gushing about her girlfriend. I was happy to see my sister happy.

"Well, maybe I'll take you with me when I go to California to meet Lance."

Her eyes lit up. "Really?"

I nodded. "I'm planning on going this summer for a week or two to surprise Lance. I can take you with me."

She beamed. "I'd love that."

I smiled. "Good."

She left and I laid back in my bed. My thoughts drifted to Lance. I hoped he wasn't too upset about me not responding. I'd have to explain once I got my phone back.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
ok so chapter 3, eh? i'll publish chapter 4 after i get home from school (i'm currently in my lunch period lol). ok byee :)