"And you do?" Bruce asks. He motions to Wanda, who recoils a bit. "She's not in your head?" 

"No one gets in my head. Not anymore," I hiss. 

"I know you're angry," Wanda says carefully. 

Bruce grins a dark smile and shakes his head. "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened-" Steve starts, but Tony cuts over him. 

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!"

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda yells. 

"This isn't a game!" 

"The creature-!" 

Pietro glances at me, rolls his eyes, and runs, unplugging and destroying the lab equipment in one go. Nice one, I think. He raises his eyebrows at the shocked scientists. "No, no. Go on. You were saying?" 

A bullet pierces the glass floor we're standing on. Steve grabs me before I fall, but Pietro isn't so lucky. 

"Pietro!" Wanda cries shrilly. A beeping noise fills the room. Power loss critical. I know he's fine, so I focus on other matters. 

"All right, I'm rerouting the upload," Tony says to Bruce. He can't do that. We can't have another Ultron. 

Steve hurls his shield at the screen. It ricochets off of multiple surfaces, sending sparks flying everywhere. Tony summons an Iron Man fist and blasts Steve backward. Bruce grabs Wanda. I kick Tony in the side before running to narrowly avoid being blasted myself, but I almost crash into someone else. 

Thor. 

He jumps and lands on the cradle. Thrusting his hammer in the air, he summons lightning and starts to charge it. "Wait!" Bruce shouts, but it's too late. Even Tony looks shocked. Steve pushes me back a few feet, and we watch with fear in our eyes. There's nothing else we can do. None of us have the strength to overcome Thor. 

He stops the lightning, and I hold my breath in anticipation. Thor gets blasted backward, shattering glass all over, and a figure emerges from the cradle. A red and silver android man, with a yellow gem in his forehead. He eyes us all, but his gaze lands on Thor. He lunges, but Thor throws him through a window. He only stops right at the window closest to the outside and stares at it curiously. We all follow, but Thor holds out a hand to stop us from acting. 

"I'm sorry, that was...odd." He has a British accent that seems familiar. To Thor, he quietly adds, "thank you." 

"Thor, you helped... create this?" Steve asks, trying to regain a sense of control of the situation. 

Thor nods. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." He points to the yellow gem. 

"What, the gem?" Bruce asks as he walks down the stairs. 

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

Steve still isn't following. "Then why would you bring it to-?" 

"Because Stark is right." I let out a low whistle and take a step back. Strange day indeed. 

"Oh, it's definitely the end of times," Bruce jokes. 

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." 

"Not alone," the android finishes. 

"Why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" Steve asks warily. Vision. Hm. I like that. Vision. Better than 'the android' anyway. In this short time, he's created an outfit for himself, complete with a golden cape.