Amy's Choice (2)

A/N: I really kind of hate and like this chapter at the same time and have no idea why. So, that's that.

They wake up in the TARDIS, but it starts shaking and Poppy falls over from leaning on the railing

"Oh, this is bad. I don't like this!" The Doctor kicks the console and it clearly hurts "Never use force. You just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case, always use force,"

"Shall I run and get the manual?" Amy offers

"He probably did something stupid with it," Poppy groans as she falls on the jump seat.

"I threw it in a supernova," The Doctor confirms

"You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?"

"Because I disagreed with it!" The Doctor explains then sighs "Stop talking to me when I'm cross,"

"Okay, but whatever's wrong with the TARDIS, is that what caused us to dream about the future?"

"How do you know it's the future," Poppy asks "because, none of that seem right,"

"Well, of course we were. We were in Leadworth," Amy says like Poppy's dumb

"Upper Leadworth," Rory gets a glare from Amy

"Yeah, and we could still be in Upper Leadworth, dreaming of this. Don't you get it?" The Doctor taps Poppy on the head with a spanner then hands it too Amy.

"No, okay? No, this is real. I'm definitely awake now,"

"And you thought you were definitely awake when you were all elephant-y." The Doctor spreads his arms out trying to imitate what she looked like,

"Hey. Pregnant," Amy threatens with the spanner he handed her

"And you could be giving birth right now. This could be the dream. I told you. Trust nothing, we see or hear or feel. Look around you. Examine everything. Look for all the details that don't ring true,"

"Yeah, well I'll remember that when Amy could be pregnant with a real baby, Rory has a hideous ponytail, and we're engaged!" Poppy shouts and rolls her eyes. The TARDIS seemed real, but still something was off.

"Okay, we're in a spaceship that's bigger on the inside than the outside," Rory tries to calm the situation

"With a bow tie-wearing alien," Amy smirks

"So maybe what 'rings true'" Rory imitates The Doctor " isn't so simple," he finishes

"Valid point," The Doctor mutters

Everything switches off suddenly, the only light is a faint blue glow from the time rotar

"It's dead,"

"Oh great!" Poppy shouts

"We're in a dead time machine," The Doctor looks down at Poppy. The birds start singing and as Rory hugs Amy, The Doctor pulls Poppy up and holds onto her hand tightly.