Prologue

Now, when Poppy said she wanted a quiet life. She really just meant she wanted a break. But she'd left Donna and Wilfred already and there was no going back.

"Oi! Poppy!" A familiar Scottish voice rang out through her room "You sure you don't want to come tonight?"

"I'm good Amy,"

"Your loss," She shuts the door and Poppy falls back onto her bed. She's been offering for Poppy to come to her job as a kissogram since they met. But, quite frankly, Poppy would rather eat her toenail than possibly get Herpes.

Now, you see she was going to get a job as a history teacher, but the primary school and secondary school were terrible. She wasn't sure how Rory was a nurse with the quality of teaching he got. But anyway, she had no job and was living off the small amount of money Donna and Wilfred gave her as a passing gift.

Amy didn't charge much rent as long as Poppy cleaned up after herself, and Amy occasionally. But something else drove Poppy to live here. Amy had told her about her therapy visits, about a raggedy man who showed up in her garden with a blue police box claiming to be 'The Doctor'. Now, from the description, it seemed he'd just regenerated. But from how Amy made the dolls and described him, Poppy was sure she'd love this new face as well. That is if he ever came back. Poppy had given up on that a while ago. She'd taken her ring off and given it to Wilfred. However, she still had her psychic paper, TARDIS key, Diary and screwdriver tucked away in her coat. She'd swapped it out for a black one when she joined Torchwood. But now, the blue one was back and on days she was feeling particularly hopeful The Doctor would turn up, she'd put it on.